Wooden model steam engine. should actually move. One of two.

There's a train museum in Carson City where, as I understand it, the first trains were deployed for the gold industry. They kept falling off the track so they added the Pilot trucks. Awesome museum. There's another in Sacramento that is my second favorite. I never realized how big those trains were until I saw them up close. Can't really get a perspective from a model.

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

Dunno what this is either. If you zoom in you'll see what look like gauges so I'm guessing it goes in the cab.

Dunno1.jpg

dunno2.jpg

dunno3.jpg

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Today's progress. Page 26. Another 6 hours into it today.

20200203_172807.jpg

20200203_172824.jpg

20200203_172951.jpg

20200203_173029.jpg

20200203_173036.jpg

20200203_173049.jpg

In Dry Dock:

the rubber band reactor............looks cool  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

It was invented by The Spinners.

In Dry Dock:

Doors and ladders on. And something to do with the piston linkage.

Seems I put the cylindars on wrong.

doors and ladder.jpg

Edited by Clueless
Addendum

In Dry Dock:

Wheels, on!

See what else I did wrong? Not the first time, but this time it's way too late to fix.

Wheels on.jpg

In Dry Dock:

LOL. Both sides are backwards. As bugs bunny would say... "What a maroon!"

In Dry Dock:

Well, this is a show stopper. Fortunately the models are only $50 and can be had in less than 24 hours from Amazon. I'll build it up to whre I am now and then continue my log. These pcs are upside down, and I can't change them without destroying them. The axles from the gears are supposed to sit in the pocket and another plug-in goes on top to hold it in place.

Somehow I posted all this in "What have you done today".

From manual.jpg

Fuck-up.jpg

Full view of fuck-up.jpg

See the little hole in the side? I don't know why it's there because it serves no purpose. The divot is supposed to be on top, but I put it in upside down. Holey wrong side..jpg

Where the gears should have gone..jpg

Edited by Clueless
Addendum

In Dry Dock:

can you remove the toothpicks and slide the gears in place?  can you disassemble and then reassemble using glue {on the non movable parts}?

did ya hear about the new movie coming out?

it's called The Great Train Rubbery   ba da boom, ba da bing!  emoticones_dibujos_popeye-el-marino1_en.PlanetaEmoticon_com.gif.9d3ccab642a14d723318b7cf413eacdf.gif

ya gotta laugh when things happen.........this will have to do,'cuz I can't tickle ya with a feather  ;) 

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

10 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

ba da bing!

You been watching the Soprano's?

I tried that AND some 4 letter words.

I can take a lot of it apart and use the wheels/carriage, and the rubber power plant. Hopefully I can salvage the coupler for the tender. That was a pain to build.

I love a bad pun!

In Dry Dock:

So I  was rebuilding and catching up when I broke an important part. Ordered another kit. Should be here today which is a good thing because I broke 2 more parts. That makes 3 kits I bought now.

In Dry Dock:

Got all the parts in right and added a few pcs to the front end.

And got the parts in right.jpg

Caught back up.jpg

In Dry Dock:

the piece that is attached to the rubber bands.........should it be going though the gears?   I take it the energy from the rubber bands,  turns the gears,  which turn the axles and wheels.....   

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I don't see how it will move the wheels.

In Dry Dock:

Complete!

All complete.jpg

Engine complete.jpg

In Dry Dock:

For another episode of, "As the gears turn," go here.

In Dry Dock:

Congratulations You made it all of the way. You should be an expert by now with the next ones!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

I'm hoping I gained some experience, this big rig looks a lot more detailed.

THANKS!

In Dry Dock:

glad to see you were able to make the repairs and finished.  the diorama looks super :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

And the rubber reactor actually works!

Thank you.

In Dry Dock:

I would think nothing less............:ph34r:

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: