Hello Les here. I have a question for all of you out there. I am building Mamoli's 1/64 Beagle. I am looking for a 1/64th scale beagle to decorate the bow. I have searched high and low. Research has indicated there may or may not have been one. I feel it would be a good addition. It could be a Snoopy or metallic. It's for decoration and a conversation item. I have perused the stock of jewellery stores, places like Micheals and craft supply centres to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thnx.

Look on Amazon under toys and games.  Toy stores sometimes carry a line of resin cast animals.

Also try model railroad sites.  S scale model railroads are 1:64 scale.  I recently saw a group of rabbit hunters for sale as model RR scenery.  Two Beagles were included but I don’t remember the scale.

Roger

Edited by Roger Pellett

Les,  If you are not set up for carving in wood, some clays are an alternative.  Look at the build log of the Royal Katherine by Doris as she goes into a lot of detail on decorations using clay.

Allan 

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

The learn to carve group project that is on this site is an excellent resource to learn carving.  I could not carve prior to coming to this site.

I have now successfully carved two figureheads (and multiple other stern type decorations for other projects).

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

Shapeways 3D printing maybe is your solution,check the site..  https://www.shapeways.com/create

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=figurehead

Edited by Captain Poison

Completed.... Charles W. Morgan,Sea Horse,USS Constitution,Virginia 1819,San Fransisco II, AL HMS Bounty 1:48

L'Herminione 1:96

Spanish Frigate,22 cannons 18th C. 1:35 scale.Scratch-built (Hull only)

Cutter Cheefull 1806 1:48 (with modifications)

Current Project: Orca (This is a 35" replica of the Orca boat from the movie Jaws)