1/35 Fletcher class destroyer - Mark 12 5"/38 caliber gun

81573741_3(53).thumb.jpg.f05f0df989e4b69115a43d4f9adc8795.jpg1869630601_3(54).thumb.jpg.6b1cba9888b7bd49ae79fa326062b4da.jpg1005537613_3(55).thumb.jpg.a4d13ddc1b4204ae158086a3caabc518.jpg

(source https://mmzone.co.kr:40004/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&no=5913 )

One of South Korea hobby company is designing a 1/35 fletcher class destroyer model. This prototype is a part of the ship, and the price of this gun is 90,000 won which is equivalent to $73.44.

I have no space to display it...

Edited by modeller_masa

23 hours ago, modeller_masa said:

(source https://mmzone.co.kr:40004/mms_tool/mt_view.php?mms_db_name=mmz_media&no=5913 )

One of South Korea hobby company is designing a 1/35 fletcher class destroyer model. This prototype is a part of the ship, and the price of this gun is 90,000 won which is equivalent to $73.44.

I have no space to display it...

Well, even though it may be massive, please keep us in the loop when the full Fletcher in 1/35 is made available, or when you have additional pictures.

I am going to relate a couple of things that may seem crazy to certain people: I have had a few dreams (spread over many years) where I am being taken in Asia and shown incredible models of ships. Most of them are really large and I always come back with the impression that South East Asian people are very creative, industrial and how much I wish their astral/dream models could be real. Some of the ships I see are just incredible and are way beyond what Trumpeter offers in their 1/200 or 1/48 ship series. I am hoping that the prototypes I see in my dreams will come out on the market one day.

Producing the Fletcher in the scale of 1/35 would be fantastic, too. In some of my dreams, I have seen enormous Yamato models among others....... so there is hope.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

Yves,

Would this model be large enough?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamato_Museum

It's 1:10 scale.  So your dreams may be reasonable.  

There's also been some battleship models in a scale large enough for two men to ride around a lake in them.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

32 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

It's 1:10 scale.

WHAT? 1/10 ? ARE YOU KIDDING?!

By the way, no Korean will go to the museum by historical reason...

5 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

Producing the Fletcher in the scale of 1/35 would be fantastic, too. In some of my dreams, I have seen enormous Yamato models among others....... so there is hope.

The company or the artist is looking for investors. If everything goes well, he will sell the full kit to western area inlcuding the US and Europe. As you expected, we Korean don't have enough market for hobby, so he will sell it to Korean by custom order unlike yours. 😂 I think you should wait for a long time until the kit is completed. (I don't know him personally, so it is up to you to send him an e-mail directly. The e-mail address is in the link.)

This gun part is made by 3D printer and resins. He said that he will use several manufacturing methods for each parts to lower the final price.

Edited by modeller_masa

15 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Yves,

It's 1:10 scale.  So your dreams may be reasonable.  

There's also been some battleship models in a scale large enough for two men to ride around a lake in them.  

Mike,

In my dream, the models I saw were still acceptable in size (6-8 feet long), probably 1/96 or 1/72 made of plastic. Yes, I am aware of that giant museum model which was recreated in the Yamato Museum.

Yves

Edited by yvesvidal

Look to the RC guys for hulls of that size.   Kevin has been working on a trawler that's about that size.  

There's been a couple of others if I'm remembering right.... usually RC types.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)