Cutty Sark rigging

Allan Milne

Not sure where to point you too since there's so many kits with different or slightly different rigging plans.    Use the search feature and search for Cutty Sark.   You should find lots of logs.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Another idea, is a diorama you could call "after the storm" she looks like she rode out a hurricane, pretty cool looking if you take it in a "storm damage" context. Especially the top down photo looks like she is sitting in calm water at a dock, . I can only imagine sailors from the era dealing with a similar mess after riding a storm.

I look forward to seeing her restored.

Current Build: Authentic Hannah Kit Bash

Pending Continuation: Sea of Galilee Boat

Completed Build:  MS AVS

On Shelf: AL Independence, Blue Jacket Alfred

• 2 years later...

Hello Allen. Just ran across your post here and thought I'd write a note. How did you make out getting the plans for this ship? I am currently building the same model and trying to figure out what size lines to use where. Were you able to find out the correct sizes of ropes and chains and how did you convert the sizes to the appropriate size for the scale your working in? I found that the foremast had several different sizes of ropes, some standing and some running rigging. Standing sizes ran from 4" to 11" but I've not found anywhere that shows ropes that big. I'm kind a stumped for the moment. Pete

PS; I am using the book by William Crothers that shows the sizes of ropes for clipper ships built in the USA. The Cutty Sark was built in England I think and used a somewhat different rigging scheme. New England ships were rigged a bit different.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a well build looking model that would be a nice restoration project. 

Current Builds:  Revell 1:96 Thermopylae Restoration

Revell 1:96 Constitution COMPLETED

Aeropiccola HMS Endeavor IN ORDINARY

Planned Builds: Scientific Sea Witch

Marine Models USF Essex