la Flore by SigEp Ziggy - Lindberg - 1/133 - PLASTIC - 'Jolly Roger' kit

Well I am going to try 'Start a model and finish it'.  I got the Lindberg 'Jolly Roger' at Hobby Lobby with a coupon for $17.

I will make some changes to the kit, add details to the gun deck, improve the masts and spars, make my own sails, and decide on which color scheme use.

Improvements:

add birth deck under ladders

add hawse holes

add gun deck capstans

add officers quarters

add galley stove

Hope to make some progress soon

Ziggy

377318090_9feb2021051.thumb.jpg.d481b7519a2c00c96bc6a5b1c44c26d3.jpg

9feb2021 052.jpg

9feb2021 054.jpg

9feb2021 055.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda chuckled about the hawse hole........I've built this model already.  another person was building it and asked the question about the hawse hole,  and I told him the same thing :D  

95986810_3.jpg.25abbf162ec93164c7213ea97b6aaf16.jpg

I built mine as the Jolly Rogers,  but it can be morphed to be the Le Flore,  just like the Capt. Cook kit can be morphed into the Warppen Von Hamberg.

there are a few flaws with this kit.....the biggest one is the gun deck not lining up to the gun ports exactly,  when the two decks are assembled and fitted into the hull.  I think I did a log on her......not the Le Flore,  but the assembly is the same.  I also have the Flying Dutchman glow in the dark model......not that big of a hoot  ;)   other than the deck issue though,  it is a fun model to build.  are those 1:96 scale blocks?  I did the same thing :wacko:   you'll like the way it comes out  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

607772430_7.jpg.7ec6fb5bcd20126e7b53664bab85293f.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Thanks for the info Denis, I have followed your build from the beginning and purchased the kit because of it.  I will build it different than the instructions show by installing the the gun deck first, like the Revell Constitution kit, and the upper deck later, we'll see how that goes, wish me luck.

Great build you stated, as I have got the same kit in the stash. I very much like your article. 

"Let's add every day 1/2 hour of

modelship building to our

projects' progress..."

Take care!

Christian Heinrich

OverTheWaves.jpg.534bd9a459123becf821c603b550c99e.jpg

simple, true and inpretentious motto of ROYAL LOUIS, 1668

Sunking's mediter. flagship most decorated ocean-going ship 

Ships on build:

SAINT PHILIPPE, 1693: 

1st rang French 90-gun ship - Lavente flagship (based on Heller SR - 1/92 & scratch in 1/64) 

TONNANT, 1693: 

1st rang French 90-gun ship - sister of SAINT PHILIPPE (mock-up/test-object for S.P. - scratch in 1/64) 

Projects in planing:

L'AURORE, 1766:

French Pleasure Corvette (after Ancre plans - scatch in 1/64)

Some Spantaneous Short Term Projects

doing that,  the only thing you'll find tedious,  will be the pillars.    for an easy out,  trim the pins off the tops of the pillars.  cement them in place so they stand perpendicular and straight.  when you add the spar deck,  just glue around the edges of the deck....don't worry too much about the pillars {unless you want too}.  you won't be doing anything too stressful on deck to matter much  ;)   it does build into a nice model.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...