Norwegian Sailing Pram by DPhilbrick - Model Shipways - 1:12

I'm underway.  I worked on the transoms first.  After setting the stern knee to the transom I realized it was not quite centered, so I applied some alcohol to the joint and after cleaning it up, re-glued it in its proper position.  Once the transoms were both properly beveled, I set up the build board.  I had problems with the bow transom support; it broke and had to be glued back together.  Once that was set up I sanded the char on the keel and bottom planks, beveled the bottom planks and after soaking them in hot water, bent them to shape.  

I wrapped the build board molds with rubber bands and slid the planks underneath the bands to hold them in place as I glued them together at to the bow transom.  Once that was set, I glued them to the  stern transom.  There was overlap, but waited until the keel plank was glued down before trimming them at the stern.  I was afraid I would break things if I tried to saw the overlap, so I took my time and sanded them down until they were flush with the transom. Ditto on the bow.  So far, so good. 

Norwegian Saliling Pram Transoms.jpg

Norwegian Sailing Pram Bottom Planks.jpg

Norwegian Sailing Pram Keel Plank.jpg

Norwegian Sailing Pram Keel and Bottom Planks.jpg

Good start! If interested, I strongly suggest lraymo's ongoing log for this build, in which she asks a lot of good questions that might be useful for other builders: 

• 1 month later...

Grate start, this was a challenging build for me as it was my second build too.  But I learned a lot from this build.  Yell if you need help

Current Projects:                                                                                          Completed Projects:

Phantom New York Pilot Boat - Model Shipways - 1:96                        Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack - Model Shipways - 1:24

18th Century Long Boat - Model Shipways - 1:48

Norwegian Sailing Pram - Model Shipways - 1:12

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24