Glue suggestion for connection

Working on attaching wale using titebond II. Ive noticed that at the stem / ajoining timber connection the wale pops loose.

The remaining wale has stayed in place. The wale is prepared for this attachment by being  boiled and shaped on a board with pins to hold it until it dries.

The wood for the wale is walnut. I ve used this technique and type of glue for all wood needing to be shaped to follow hull line.

Is there another glue suggestion someone could please recommend at this location.

Thank you

Rick

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4505.jpg

Titebond needs to be clamped for at least 20 minutes and cure overnight, once it sets it wont pop loose, it’s stronger than the wood at that point m

However I do all my planking with Smith Industries Medium CA. It sets in 20 seconds but should also be clamped or held fast at the stem. 

of you didn’t pre-bend the wood it will be more inclined to spring back

Now there will be 10 contrary opinions 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

8 minutes ago, glbarlow said:

Not from me..

May be too late this time, but next time you should consider providing a rabbet ( groove ) at the stem for your planking to sit into.

image.png.043e3740915558086a3dca975a46f876.png

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

7 hours ago, glbarlow said:

Titebond needs to be clamped for at least 20 minutes and cure overnight, once it sets it wont pop loose, it’s stronger than the wood at that point m

However I do all my planking with Smith Industries Medium CA. It sets in 20 seconds but should also be clamped or held fast at the stem. 

of you didn’t pre-bend the wood it will be more inclined to spring back

Glenn,

I'm a complete neophyte taking your glue suggestion to the NRG "18th-Century Merchantman Half-Hull Planking Kit" bank, as it should be in the mail by the 2nd day of the new week. Thanks for the direction on some good glue. I guess I'll have to blame something else now, and it won't be the development of patience!

Ian the SaltyNinja

Edited by SaltyNinja
grammar

Make yourself some small wooden pegs.  The round cocktail toothpicks from the grocery store work as raw material.  Drill through the plank end into the stem/ bulkhead. Dip the peg into your Titebond and peg the plank end in place.  This is in addition to the glue applied to the plank itself.