Pride of Baltimore with sails

Ahoy shipmates 

Anyone have a build log of this ship with sails?

I've been working on the  POB for a few years off and on . Had a major mc accident which cost me my left leg below the knee in Jan 19, so until recently everything was on hold.

I appreciate all the great build logs by Karleop and others.

So I decided to build with sails, and leave off all the modern stuff.

I've added some pics .You can see that my build has no comparison to the quality of others. But it's ok for an old guy.

Any tips or rigging ideas would be welcome. 

Edited by townpiper
Add phot3

Use the search feature (upper right hand side of any page).   I believe I have seen some builds with sails.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks mates

MSW plans call for triple blocks on pendants fore and main for peak and throat halliards. The 3 sheaves are left to your imagination. It would seem that another triple block would be needed to complete the rig. Anybody know where to put this lower block?

Thanks and fair winds to you.

Nice looking model!

You could pair a double block to the triple, assuming that the line starts from a becket on the double block.

Edited by schooner

Tim

Current build: Continental Navy Frigate ALFRED (build log)                      

Past builds:     Steam Tug SEGUIN (build log in the kits 1850-1900 section)       

Liberty Ship SS Stephen Hopkins (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Basilone (DD-824) (Gallery & Build Log)

USS Olympia (Gallery)

USS Kirk (FF-1087) (Gallery & Build Log)

Thanks.

All of my models have been square riggers, so I'm baffled about throat halliards. I rigged the treble block on a pendant. The plans show 2 lines on either side of the block one ending in a tackle- I have no idea how these attach to the block... belayed to an eyebolt on the rail. Do the lines

go thru a sheave to the boom or is there another type of arrangement like a ring on the block to allow passage of the line?

Then the sheave lanyards...do they attach to a double block on the boom and then to rings on the boom or go allthe way down to the deck? I'm baffled...

Thanks

20211226_124307.jpg