vacuum for power tools

I have several proxxon tools, like the table saw and disk sander that have ports to attach a vacuum. I have a wet/dry vac that I have to move each time I use a different tool. I'm sure there's a splitter that I can attach 3 tools to so I don't have to move each time.

Suggestions?

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

Generally, the more bends, splitters and other fitting you add, the less suction you get.

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

11 hours ago, Clueless said:

I have several proxxon tools, like the table saw and disk sander that have ports to attach a vacuum. I have a wet/dry vac that I have to move each time I use a different tool. I'm sure there's a splitter that I can attach 3 tools to so I don't have to move each time.

Suggestions?

Are the tools in fixed positions? If so, you could use some PVC pipe to set up a manifold with dedicated lines to each tool and one plug in point for the vac. You would probably want to incorporate some blast gates so that only the tool in use is getting the suction.

7 hours ago, gjdale said:

Are the tools in fixed positions? If so, you could use some PVC pipe to set up a manifold with dedicated lines to each tool and one plug in point for the vac. You would probably want to incorporate some blast gates so that only the tool in use is getting the suction.

That's way beyond my skill set:)

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

With that many  hoses there is a possibility of your work bench resembling the apartment ceiling in Terry Gilliam's Brazil. 

If you have not already done it, an in-line cyclone trap.   It weighs less and is easier to move, so one long hose between it and the vac.  The vac can stay in one place.  If you are fortunate, that place is a separate room or outside.  A radio remote router on-off box (not economy version) saves a lot of hassle.

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers

One of life’s great mysteries is the actual diameter of the various vacuum hose connectors. Posted sizes are “nominal,” not actual.  You cannot measure them if you are buying them “on Line.” Unlike rigid pipe, there appears to be no standardization.

Fortunately, the plumbing industry uses rubber connectors to hook up drain piping.  These are available to fit standard PVC pipe sizes but can be drawn down with hose clamps to fit non standard  vacuum connector sizes.  Once you have amassed your equipment and laid out piping and hoses, any big box home improvement should have these rubber connectors.

Roger