New York Harbor 85' Diesel Tugboat by hipexec - FINISHED - BlueJacket Shipcrafters

Installed the ship’s bell as per the plan. Now wsiting for rods to finish the railings

736F11AA-2333-428B-B762-6F1A05F2D3C5.jpeg

Nice build Rich! This boat is on my to do list. I wish more models of tug boats were available, especially some of the more modern designs.

Paul

On the Ways: Mighty Mite, Harbor Tugboat by pwog - NautiCurso - 1:64

Completed Builds:

Lobster Boat Red Baron (Bluejacket)

Sardine Carrier Pauline (Bluejacket) 
Swampscott Dory (BlueJacket)

1 hour ago, pwog said:

Nice build Rich! This boat is on my to do list. I wish more models of tug boats were available, especially some of the more modern designs.

Thanks

Thanks BlueJacket! I received the missing railing rod today. You are the best!!!

CF903B13-8EF5-448E-92F8-B91925E31893.jpeg

4D48BAEF-AD43-43A1-8C94-204651CBAE34.jpeg

I spoke too soon! BlueJacket only sent me one F1159 thin rod but i still have many rail stands left to go? One more thin rod please!!

6C580BF0-92FA-4986-9886-0F235B214AF5.jpeg

4CD9E611-5B24-44E8-A693-42DA77D6BB0B.jpeg

Thanks everyone. I stayed away from rigging but these rails are just as difficult for these old fingers and eyes. 🤪

Dear BlueJacket…I’ve wasted not one scrap of rod and still I’m short. I don’t even have 1/4 “ left over

since BlueJacket is mailing me one last rail rod, i installed the stantions. 

81DF9AAD-FF41-413E-B3DF-C9480581C25F.jpeg

00D016F2-0A75-4953-A60E-0C03B09FD07D.jpeg

I have three stantions left. If I have enough railing rod when i finish those already installed, I’ll add two more to the pilot house roof

F1E9A219-F456-4F52-B39C-F11F1E28F575.jpeg

4 hours ago, src said:

Well done Rich,

What are you using to hold the railings in, CA?

Sam

Yes. CA

To install the stantions for the rails there has to be a small micro hole so the bottom tip can just snugly fit. Just before inserting the post the tip needs a thin coat of CA glue. Just enough so it doesn’t  show . 

752D54EB-F1F1-4310-A5E1-A74063CF8E2A.jpeg

I had a chance to buy this exact kit from a person on Ebay who offered me this kit for half what BlueJacket charges. They claimed it was unopened and complete. As tempting as that was I told the seller I’d rather pay full price in case I needed support from BlueJacket. Wow what a good decision that was. BlueJacket has been supporting me maximum. Please consider BlueJacket before you buy another kit.

Agreed. All of my build’s have been Bluejacket kits, including the one next on my list. Every time I’ve reached out to them for assistance Bluejacket has always been there with super quick communication and response. Kudos Nic and crew! 

An extra bonus for me is that Bluejacket kits allow me to support fellow Mainers. 

Paul

On the Ways: Mighty Mite, Harbor Tugboat by pwog - NautiCurso - 1:64

Completed Builds:

Lobster Boat Red Baron (Bluejacket)

Sardine Carrier Pauline (Bluejacket) 
Swampscott Dory (BlueJacket)

This tugboat kit says it’s for less experienced builders. I’ve been building boats for years most of which  were plank on bulkhead or plank on frame period sailing ships. Two of my builds are now in museums, but I have to say I’ve had some challenging times building this tugboat. It’s not a walk in the park.

19BB542A-845C-4C9E-AE0E-7429A2202272.jpeg

D74A7E70-E339-4E96-BBC0-1A4889A8E1DF.jpeg

I’m basically finished with railings. Just some clean up and touch up. 

6624AF8C-E806-4E1F-BFC4-4F46B8A71620.jpeg

1E0B32DA-A0B0-4626-8564-AF240398FACD.jpeg

297F2349-E2E5-4C5E-B7F4-0E139DCD46A1.jpeg

Nic

I have no idea how many of your tugboat kits have been built, but mine is probably the first to be converted to a fireboat. Are you happy about me hijacking your kit? ….. Or upset?

hipexec

The big mod was creating and building the water cannons. I had to research that a lot. Then I had to build the water cannon out of available components. Then I searched for NYFD decals and had the make sure they were the correct size . Mounting the decals was tricky on wood

Bur basically it’s your tugboat with some bells and whistles 

Rich

Hipexec

AD9DAEC7-A80E-4638-A275-9F6A6D9B2E02.jpeg