Amerigo Vespucci by Ship dude - FINISHED - Mantua - 1:84

Just joined the group. I have built many ships and was not aware of this forum. I finished the Sovereign of the seas in 2019 and the Soleil Royale in 2021. My newest project is the Amerigo Vespucci. It has been quite different that the older model ships with all the sun builds but I am enjoying the challenge.  The hull was indeed different since it is painted and I was a putty and sanding operative until I got it just right.  More to come. 

40BF4CEA-6B70-4549-9CE1-F1C20D90B706.jpeg

49254D8D-E8F4-4F37-8019-BFDC8D793539.jpeg

555D1682-72B0-4896-9A98-A8C7088635C3.jpeg

BFB70E36-C777-4DAC-8B03-F9DF93842BE5.jpeg

FA2933C6-4007-4CAC-86B7-186D0EE41B50.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Your experience with ship modelling and your skill in working with wood and metal to fashion the details of your models really stands out in the photos.  I really like the decking and the details of the deck cabins.  I will follow this build to learn more.

Completed Builds:  USS Cairo by BlueJacket;  Nave Egizia by Amati;  Harriet Lane by Model Shipways

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. I have some concerns about the exact position of the parts since there are no measurements. I’ve noticed on the layout that the rails for the future rigging are pretty tight to other pieces.

time will tell. Good thing about being retired is I have plenty of time during the winter to work on the ship. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Awesome ship, nicely done Congratulations   :cheers:

Start so you can Finish !!

Finished:            The  Santa Maria -Amati 1:65, La Pinta- Amati 1:65, La Nina -Amati 1:65 ,                                                Hannah Ship in a Bottle -1:300  The Sea of Galilee Boat-Scott Miller-1:20 ,The Mayflower Amati 1:60

non Ship Build:   1972 Ford Sport Custom Truck

Current Build:    Viking Ship Drakkar -Amati-1:50

On Hold:            HMS Pegasus: Amati 

• 2 weeks later...