Lowell Grand Banks Dory by Claire7 - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:24

Tried to take some better “finished” pictures. And just for fun I made a teeny copy of my Wind in the Willows book… I loved the dory kit, the perfect intro for a beginner. I found the planking the most challenging but having shaped pieces cut for me made it much easier. The tricky part for me was securing each piece exactly in place to dry. I appreciate that this kit involve a lot of detail so that you can develop your skills and be proud of the finished boat. Now on to the Norwegian Pram! Thanks so much to everyone for the likes and kind comments.

9F1BCDF5-1D12-45C1-8C01-B1338EC2AF0D.jpeg

724845D0-C254-4262-B705-766CB471D10D.jpeg

AEF075FB-9BCD-4A00-A966-A495FFBC6099.jpeg

4 hours ago, MajorChaos said:

Your Dory is beautiful! The stained wood looks fantastic! Great job. 

Thank you! I had a bit of a fear of staining wood. I tried a long time ago with some miniature chairs and the tiny craft wood soaked up too much instantly leaving them very dark and not how I intended. I’m trying to get better at it, so glad you like the result!

15 hours ago, bobandlucy said:

Claire- Love the cushions, and the way you have invested part of your childhood self into this model. The oars are very nice as well, and artfully installed. You have truly made it unique, it lifts my spirit. 

b

Such a lovely comment, thank you so much ☺️, this made my day.