Hello all

I haven't posted for a while but am now in the land of the retired so have got more time to build more ships.

Can someone advise please.  I am currently building the OCCRE Bounty with the cut away decking.

It suggests that the scale is 1/45 and I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere where i could purchase 1/45 scale ( or 1/48 possibly) figures that I could manipulate to resemble sailors who would have been on this ship?

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Cheers

dave  

Welcome back, Dave! But as a diehard Everton fan, I think I'm sworn to dislike you? 🤔 Hope not -- being from the other side of the pond, I'm not sure how seriously EPL fans take these sorts of things.

Cheers!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Hi Dave and welcome back to Model Ship World.  One of our sponsors of MSW, Vanguard Models, has figures in 1:48 scale.  Here is a link to their website: https://vanguardmodels.co.uk/product-category/model-figures/

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

:sign:

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Dave.  Welcome to MSW (again).  In the plastic modeling world, I believe Eduard, Tamiya and Airfix offer scale ground crew figures which could be modified to your needs.  It might be worth a shot.

John (Wawona59)

Wawona 59

John

Next Project::  New Bedford Whaleboat - Model Shipways

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV  

Completed Builds: Midwest - Chesapeake Bay Flattie (highly modified); Revell - 1/96 Constitution, 1/96 Thermopylae, 1/96 Cutty Sark, 1/570 Titanic; Dragon - 1/700 USS Arizona; Model Shipways - NY Pilot Boat Phantom, Aurora - Whaling Ship Wanderer, Maquette - Boeing 307 Stratoliner