Guys, I forgot my password but I want to log in with my new phone. Unfortunately I don't receive any email after I click on "Forgot password".

What could be the reason? Please help. 

Thanks 🙂

14 minutes ago, scheepsontwerper said:

OK, since nothing else worked, I registered again with a new name and different email address. that was very fast. I waited in vain for the email for a new password.

what is that about?

Why did you register a new account?

You only needed to ask me to reset the pass on the original, as I asked you to. I will delete the new account. Please use the contact form so I can do this away from the forum, as a change in password will mean you will need to login on your primary device and not access any PM I sent you.

I remembered the password.
But I have to inform you that I have tried the usual "forgotten password" method several times in the past without success. I suspect that if I hadn't remembered, I would never have come in here again.

Why this aggressive reaction? James offered a solution as soon as you described the problem. You ignored his solution, and the help offered. That’s not polite behaviour….

From own experience: the forgot-password-funcyion does work. The only time it did not for me was when I changed email without changing it in my profile…

Jan

Edited by amateur

oh, I'm very sorry if I gave you the impression of being aggressive, hurtful or unkind. That was never my intention.
If I appeared like that, I sincerely apologize.

I definitely tried to follow James approach to solving the problem, but in everything I did I came to dead ends. It always ends with messages like: This email address or this display name is already being used by another user. Please try again.
Or: if we can assign your address, you will receive an email to reset your password. Only no email followed.

I'm sorry and I ask you to accept my apology.

Alvb

The large font appears automatically when inserting. I would change it, but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. 

why it happened now...I have no idea.

Alvb

Edited by Alvb