Lotus Honda 100T by Papa - FINISHED - Tameo - 1/43

I had always wanted to try one of these metal F1 kits, so a few months back I purchased one on sale at Model Expo.  One is enough!

At 1/43 some of the PE pieces are about the diameter of a human hair.  If you have fantastic eye sight and access to that mysterious place where so many small parts end up then perhaps one of these kits is for you.  The instructions are 1 page with an exploded image numbering the parts and suggestions as to where they go. Some obvious, others not so. Page two identifies the photo etched parts and where to place the decals.  The decals are excellent. They released quickly and didn’t tear.  There are videos on YouTube that show how to build the Tameo kits, but I didn’t find one specific to this one.  They are helpful.

IMG_0313.jpeg

• 2 months later...

If you try the Tameo WCT "World Campion" kits, you get better, more comprehensive color instructions, 2 sets of decals and more photoetch to build the engine and suspension (as well as more photoetch to lose).  The WCT level kits are jewels if you can complete them.

Wawona 59

John

Next Project: 18th Century Pinnace

Indefinite Hold for the future:  1/96 Flying Fish, Model Shipways

Wish list for "Seattle Connection" builds:  1/96 Lumber Schooner Wawona, 1/96 Down Easter St. Paul, 1/32 Hydroplane Slo-Mo-Shun IV, 1/96 M.V. Kalakala, 1/96 Virginia V, 1/96 Arthur Foss tug, 1/64 Duwamish cedar dugout canoe, 1/232 USS Olympia