fair a frame

I purchased the fair a fame from model expo I did see the pages that showed the deminsion changes and ended up getting to note 4 now I see that the long coss pieces are a little short but will still work

Has anyone built this item and do I have to take the rzails off and reglue for it to work right

Scott

Edited by gulfmedic1

I bought it, assembled it and never used it.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a day fumbling with parts and instructions, I tossed the small pieces, saving the few pieces of better wood for something. Yup, should have researched this more thoroughly. Anyway, I fashioned my own system for squaring the frames to the false keel; 1.375 blocks cut from 1.5x1.5 poplar, and a couple of bar clamps.

John

"Anything can be made to work if you don't fiddle with it too much."

Clamps and Lego blocks work well for me when squaring the frames to the keel.

Hornet

Current Build: - OcCre Shackleton’s Endurance. 

Completed Ship Builds:

Caldercraft - HM Bark Endeavour. (in Gallery)

Caldercraft  - HMAV Bounty (in Gallery)

Caldercraft - HM Brig Supply (In Gallery)

Aeropiccola - Golden Hind

- Constitution

Clipper Seawitch (maker unknown - too long ago to remember!)

Corel - Victory

Modeller's Shipyard - A Schooner of Port Jackson - In Gallery

- Brig `Perseverance' - In Gallery

- Cutter `Mermaid'- In Gallery

- Sirius Longboat (bashed) - In Gallery

- Sloop Norfolk - In Gallery

Completed Cannon:   - French 18th Century Naval Cannon

- Napoleonic 12 pound field piece

- English 18th Century Carronade

Non Ship Builds - Sopwith Camel - Artesania Latina

- Fokker DR1 - Artesania Latina

Yep Brian, little kids all round the world will now be screaming ....... MUM, grandpa stole my Lego!

Hornet

Current Build: - OcCre Shackleton’s Endurance. 

Completed Ship Builds:

Caldercraft - HM Bark Endeavour. (in Gallery)

Caldercraft  - HMAV Bounty (in Gallery)

Caldercraft - HM Brig Supply (In Gallery)

Aeropiccola - Golden Hind

- Constitution

Clipper Seawitch (maker unknown - too long ago to remember!)

Corel - Victory

Modeller's Shipyard - A Schooner of Port Jackson - In Gallery

- Brig `Perseverance' - In Gallery

- Cutter `Mermaid'- In Gallery

- Sirius Longboat (bashed) - In Gallery

- Sloop Norfolk - In Gallery

Completed Cannon:   - French 18th Century Naval Cannon

- Napoleonic 12 pound field piece

- English 18th Century Carronade

Non Ship Builds - Sopwith Camel - Artesania Latina

- Fokker DR1 - Artesania Latina

Used Lego blocks for small models (like Pinnace and Longboat), they are amazing - square, perfectly aligned, and very flexible to adjust for different parts of the hull.

For example - http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/6801-18th-century-longboat-by-mike-y-model-shipways-148/page-2#entry201485