Magnification.

I have this pair of "photo attached" and they have different strengths and they're so, so, but the part that hold the lens has worn out so the lenses wobble and move making it very difficult to see. I like that they don't protrude into my work as much as a traditional visor system that stick out and into your work, but I'd like something of a lot more quality and if possible more options on the X powers.

Suggestions? I'd spend up to $150 were they seriously high quality.

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

Brian,

Either you didn't attach the photo or we all need a pair....

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

LOL Guess I should have posted that in the "What happens when you get old forum". :(

post-10291-0-33087100-1412185610_thumb.jpg

Edited by JustBlowinInTheWind

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

I have one of those visors as well, but it sticks out too far and I end up bumping into my rigging when I get close enough to see. I like the glasses, but the part that holds the lenses wears out too quickly so the lens wobbles. I don't want to glue a lens in place because it has several lenses to swap out. 

In Dry Dock:

You may want to investigate a pair of surgeon's loops- expensive.

On the other hand, Model Expo sells a headband with a light and 4 different focal lengths that is very inexpensive and doesn't stick out as much as the Opti-visor.

Drug store (in the USA) reading glasses may be an inexpensive route. Purchase several different pairs, so you can swap out.

Me? I use an Optivisor and or a magnifier/light, as required. Gluing teeny parts onto bigger parts calls for an "I'll try most anything, once" approach.

Ken

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

In Dry Dock:

I just got these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8WPW78/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Supposed to fit over my tri-foculs. 3X, 9.8" work distance. Spent several hours doing research, then a couple more finding what I wanted. I didn't want to have to extend my short arms for some 16" work distance when working on rigging. These were the shortest work distance with the most powerful lenses at that length that also fit over glasses, flip up and have a light.

In Dry Dock:

I'll let you know how they work. Should be here around the 17th.

In Dry Dock: