Leut II by Dida - traditional Croatian ship

While resting of my first scratch build, I am planing to start another ship of the same type. During the building of the previous ship I learned something about it. This time I will not start with real works until I completely finish the drawings.

I started with modeling the hull using DelftSHIP Free.

post-527-0-90349700-1362240442.jpg

post-527-0-50856000-1362240444.jpg

post-527-0-62272600-1362240446.jpg

post-527-0-15549900-1362240448.jpg

post-527-0-46908100-1362240440.jpg

This is, at this moment, the idea how the ship will look like. It will be changes until I choose final version.

Thank you Bob! This time I will make complete drawing set, until last nail. In my previous build I have several improvisations because I started as soon as I finished hull form. I was very impatient to start.  :) 

If you mean what I am using to draw the plans and templates, then it is ACAD. I am using an older version of it, 2000i. It does everything I need it to do to get from the computer screen and into the workshop.

Russ

If you mean what I am using to draw the plans and templates, then it is ACAD. I am using an older version of it, 2000i. It does everything I need it to do to get from the computer screen and into the workshop.

Russ

It was my bad English. I use DelftShip to define the hull's form (3D modeling) and CAD for constructional details of the ship. Do you use DelftShip or some similar software?

Sorry for misunderstanding. :blush:

I wanted to feel under the hand how the hull surface is running. I made "waterlines" 6 mm thick and glued them together. In right order :) of course. The holes in the waterline are here for accurate positioning the pieces.

post-527-0-06709000-1362350992.jpg

post-527-0-93879300-1362351003.jpg

Edited by Dida

I understand perfectly. This is a good way to to begin. What company did your lasrer cutting? It looks very good.

Russ

Here, in Sisak, there is an small workshop with a laser cutter bought in USA.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...