Peterboro Canoe by slagoon - FINISHED - Midwest Products - 1:12

Andy, interesting facts on the naming. Peterborough to Peterboro to save space, LOL.

I've always found the oddities in language fascinating. For example color vs colour, I use to drive teachers nuts spelling everything the Brit' way. Or the pronounciation of schedule or clerk in US vs UK.

Thanks for the added info, your a wealth of knowledge.

Nice work on the canoe, Sarah.  The tung oil really finished it off perfectly. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Augie thank you

Chuck, it was a great model to take a break with!

John - thanks

Michael Thanks

Keith - the Harriet is actually longer by probably 6 inches. I'll try to get a comparison up tonight.  I don't know about the kayak, it doesn't look nearly as fun...you can see the instructions on the Midwest website.

Andy, awesome info on the spelling - I kept trying to spell it with the borough, but I kept having to go back and correct myself!  There was no decal, and now that I've oiled it I don't know how well a decal would adhere to it. 

Jared - you always make me blush

Buck - thanks. I will have to try your french polish on something soon though :)

Mark, thanks - I'm super glad that I used the tung oil. Thank you Amazon.com! hehehe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Corel Victory Cross section

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

Thanks! I promised a comparison of size between the Harriet lane and the canoe. I can't believe it but their hulls are essentially the same size. Scale is a crazy crazy thing!

post-343-0-73831100-1365157202_thumb.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

USS Missouri minimissouri.jpgHMS Bounty's Jolly Boat thumbnail.jpg Peterboro Canoe tiny.jpg

Very interesting to see another method of making an open boat. I'll be following this with as much interest as your other builds. It's great to have so much enthusiasm that your fingers are always itchy.!

Tony

Thanks for the comparison pic's Sarah. I figured they were about the same length, hull-wise at least. HL is a bit longer with the bowsprit of course. But  then with the canoes 1:12 scale compared to the HL's scale, if the HL were 1:12 you'd need a much larger room to build her.

Takes seeing them like this to really understand scale. Like that HUGE penny you use :D.

haha nice Harvey - I suppose that would be the case

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

Wayne, thanks it did feel great to get it done.

Sjors, what did you miss? Yep after I made an oopsie on my Harriet I felt a little bummed out, sad, so now I feel better.

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

Very neat and wonderfully fast! Thanks for the ride!

Tony

Thanks Tony, it was REALLY fun. I'm saving the pieces for the frame and will do another sometime, maybe with some more exotic wood!

-Sarah

Current Build:

Krabbenkutter CUX-87

Harriet Lane

Fishcutter GO-38

In the Wings:

Completed Build:

• 6 years later...