Worldway Posted September 27, 2016 Share #1 Posted September 27, 2016 (edited) I finally received my Mare Nostrum kit yesterday. It was nicely packaged and, as far as I can tell, damage free. I carefully opened the wrapping and inspected the items sent. The manuals don't look to be the best but I think I can work with them, besides there are a lot of previous builds here I can consult. Not wanting to waste any time I set out to install the bulkhead frames on the false keel. My first dilemma was to find a way to do this so they are at 90 degrees to the keel and horizontal. I borrowed an idea which I found on this site that used Lego blocks. They worked very well. Also, I used two spring clamps on the bottom of the keel to support the structure. They will do until I can find a more suitable mounting fixture. I am certainly open to suggestions. So far I have been using a very good carpenters glue. I feel that the joint will be stronger than using CA glue (I hope I used the right acronym). The carpenter's glue I am using has a high initial tack and sets in 25 minutes. I plan to take my time on this build and not rush things (like I tend to do that at times). If nothing else, this will be a learning experience for my next build. I'm looking forward to your comments (both positive and negative), your encouragement and your advice. Edited September 28, 2016 by Worldway Landlubber Mike, probablynot, Haliburton and 3 others 6 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.