17th Century Battle Station from HMS Mordaunt by DocBlake - FINISHED - 1:32

Hi Dave

So glad to see you in Mannitowoc and have an opportunity to see your Battle Station in person!  It really was inspiring and your attention to detail was absolutely incredible!  Had a question - where did you get the variety of woods used in your build?

Pat 

----------------------------------------------------

“Work like a Captain....Play like a Pirate!” — Every Ship Modeler...everywhere.

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for the kind words, and congratulations to you, again!  Great job on Sultana!

I get a lot of my wood locally at a hardwood distributor called Kettle Moraine Hardwoods.  Swiss pear and boxwood are sourced from the internet.  I have a full size shop in addition to my miniature shop so I mill all my own wood.

I don’t like to blow my own horn much, but both my Battle Station and my 17th Century Naval Cannon won silver awards in scratch built categories at Manitowoc.  It was fun to be involved and meet so many great people!

22 minutes ago, DocBlake said:

I don’t like to blow my own horn much, but both my Battle Station and my 17th Century Naval Cannon won silver awards in scratch built categories at Manitowoc.  It was fun to be involved and meet so many great people!

Dave - you should absolutely blow that horn!  I was reviewing my pics of your work on my phone.  Honestly, your build log pics don't do your work justice.  I particularly loved your Battle Station which I think was absolutely flawless.  The craftsmanship and detail are still making me shake my head.  Very Very well done and twice deserved! 

----------------------------------------------------

“Work like a Captain....Play like a Pirate!” — Every Ship Modeler...everywhere.

• 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to 17th Century Battle Station from HMS Mordaunt by DocBlake - FINISHED - 1:32