Minwax stains in Australia

Does anyone know if Minwax stains are available for purchase over the counter in any of the large hardware/paint stores in Australia? If they aren't, can anyone suggest a reliable overseas seller via PayPal etc?

Cheers

Chris

I am advised you can get on Amazon but they will not ship to Australia.

Why not contact them via their website and ask if anyone distributes in Australia.

Edited by Richmond

Current Builds

Mikasa by I Love Kit - 1:200 - Plastic

HMS Beagle by Occre - 1:48 - Wood

Hello John, unfortunately Bunnings no longer stock them. Masters did, but as you are probably aware, they went downhill faster than an Olympic Skier! I am really after a stain like their Crimson Red to do Chaperon's decks with. May have to investigate alternatives I think. Thanks for your help though.

Cheers

Chris

Have you tried amazon.com.au?

They list some Minwax products as being available, at least they let me add them to my cart without complaining about my Tassie address.

Geoff

Kits awaiting build: Charles W. Morgan [Artesania Latina], Skuldelev Viking [Billings], Lyde [Euromodel]

• 4 months later...

Hi Chris

I got a Minwax product (polyshades black stain/polyurethane) shipped to Oz through buy.com, & the approx 300ml tin cost $57, incl $21 shipping & customs. It's an excellent product, very black & thin, but I opened the tin & did 3 coats within 4 days & the 3rd coat had flecks of hardened polyurethane in it - so to salvage the work I had to strain it carefully & use it immediately. I was restoring a coffee table & the finish was to replicate the original black 1960s finish. Paint has much more 'build', & this product allowed a certain amount of visible wood grain texture to be visible. It's a great product but the problem above was a concern.

Mark

Possibly not a fresh can methinks.  Many times even in the hardware store I've purchased apparently old stock.  I wish the manufacturers would put a date on the tins... either the "made" date or the "use by" date.  The problem also seems to be worse for the small cans than large ones.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 year later...

I was unfortunately in the middle of some restoration projects and didn't realise that they would stop importing the minwax polyshade product.   Had I known, I would have purchased every can in the country.  What a fabulous product and nothing like it that I have discovered so far. 

I'm still angry about it. Grrrrrr

I tried contacting the company and was told initially that it would come back to Australia and then told it wouldn't.  

If anyone ever reading this post now or in the future finds this product in Australia, please respond.  Thanks