Zeesboot by Mirabell61 - FINISHED - scale 1:24 - wooden fishing vessel c. 1876 - small

The casing

the casing is now finished the model set inside and this closes the build log

Nils

DSCI9018.thumb.JPG.6a6231ef4ff1867781899f2238595468.JPG

DSCI9019.thumb.JPG.cb301f9d120b04657d4f2c0aa850db70.JPG

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Looks lovely Nils - where is it going to be displayed?

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Many thanks Keith,

it is already displayed in my little private museum together with 8 other models...

The Gorch Fock model had (in lack of place) to be DSCI9036.thumb.JPG.93e174a9c9b2ab58f483d9727b320661.JPGmoved upstairs to my attic office

Nils

DSCI9036.thumb.JPG.93e174a9c9b2ab58f483d9727b320661.JPG

DSCI9037.thumb.JPG.bc73fcaf6128278ec78bcf810eac94b7.JPG

DSCI9038.thumb.JPG.a274c8f3cd4f24dad6c1c7a51a419fce.JPG

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

Nils, that is one impressive office! I think you could easily charge admission.

Jim 

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea, Model Shipways Mayflower 

Completed Builds: NRG Half Hull Project  

Model Shipways 18th Century Armed Longboat

Dumas 1954 Chris Craft 36' Commander

Dumas 1940 Chris Craft 19' Barrel Back

Thank you very much James

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Congratulations on finishing your wonderful model Nils.  The details tell a story and add so much to an already beautiful boat. Well done.

Gary

Current Build   Pelican Eastern-Rig Dragger  

Completed Scratch Builds

Rangeley Guide Boat   New England Stonington Dragger   1940 Auto Repair Shop   Mack FK Shadowbox    

Gary,

thank you for your kind words, much appreciated, and I´m very pleased that you like the boat....

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Another fine addition Nils.  Question:  Do you use plaxi or acrylic for your cases...or are they glass?

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Hi Rob,

I used 4 mm thick glass panes for all my 9 display cases to date. It is a bit tricky in preventing the panes to tilt during assembly, before the frame can secure, but meantime I gained some experience in handling that quite well. The handicap is that the glass cases are rather heavy, and I finaly need two helping hands from my wife to put and lower down the glass bonnet over the model and on to the case base-plate.

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

Bonjour Nils    😍

J'espère que vous allez bien. Je reste sous le charme du contenu de votre bureau. C'est un véritable musée j'adore !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surtout continuez à nous faire rêver. Il ne faut surtout pas s'arrêter en si bon chemin, quel sera votre prochaine modèle? certes il faudra trouver une petite place pour exposer la prochaine vitrine.

Bonne journée et merci pour votre contribution.

Stéphane

Thank you Stephane, for your words,

I have a great problem in finding additional display space in my home. For instance the #5 Elbe schooner will have no own case, and will have to share the case of the Zeesboot from time to time, as both models (one at a time) can fit in it. As this is an English speaking forum, please would it be possible for you to correspond in english rather that in French language, so that other members can also follow, thank you

regards

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed