Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

2,267 profile views
  1. Nice to see you back with an update on your Bluenose Richard. Great work on the chainplates, eyebolts and such. Really like those clamps too. Gary
  2. Well, my gob has been smacked almost beyond recognition. Sweet work Michael - Bravo! Gary
  3. I just found and read through your log this morning Paul. You're doing a really nice job on the Pauline and progressing nicely. I like that you provided a historical summary of these carriers as it breathes life and interest into the model. I have always found these old carriers to have remarkably graceful hull lines and I'm sure your model will turn out great, as did your Red Baron (sitting pretty on the mantle). Keep at it. Gary
  4. Fabulous work Valeriy - the hatch and chain both. The photo at #484 nicely shows how extraordinarily clean and precise your work is. I like your process for making chain and it provides a great result. Thanks for showing how. Gary
  5. Just catching up Keith. Beautiful work on the cowl and stanchions, which I have naturally come to expect. And the netting your wife is making is lovely and mind boggling. I can't imagine why. There is something oddly comforting about knowing ones place on the list. Sometimes it's comfort enough just to be on it. Gary
  6. Love the work that you're doing here Ekis! Your landscaping, details and photography set the village into a dream-like atmospheric state. Not only are your modeling skills wonderful, but you have the eye of a true artist to understand what needs to be done to achieve that desired effect. Very nice. Gary
  7. Stonington Draggers were among the first of the Western-Rig fishing vessels in New England. These boats originated along the Connecticut coast and were named after the town where they became the dominant type. The use of these boats spread to most Southern New England fishing ports in the early through mid 20th century. This model depicts a vessel typical of the 1920's. A comprehensive build log can be found here. Thanks for taking a look. Gary
  8. Beautiful work Gary, she's looking really smart! I really like the color and tone of the model and your finish work is excellent. The 3rd photo down on post #122 really shows the goods. Nice. Gary
  9. Been reading through your log Chris and you're doing a great job. I've never tried stitch & glue but it produces a really nice result. It's coming together very nicely. It has been said that the amount of enjoyment a boat provides is inversely proportional to its size. I believe that statement to be true as there is no craft more enjoyable than a solo canoe. About 25 years ago, I built a 14' solo stripper from plans I found in the back of a Wooden Boat magazine. It was made of Western Red Cedar, glass cloth and polyester resin. It looks decent enough in the photo, but close
  10. Just catching up Vaddoc and I see you are progressing nicely. Very meticulous and careful work. Excellent. Gary
  11. Good to see you back posting again Michael! I have always admired your work be it boat, loco, etc. Look forward to updates on your projects. Gary
  12. Just catching up Keith and you've made some fine progress. I admire your attention to details, like removing links one-by-one to achieve symmetrical swag for the rudder chains. Like Wefalck stated "a thing well-done needs time". Nicely done Keith and looking good. Gary
  • Create New...