Mini Power Drill

I picked up this drill from Amazon a while ago, and it is the best small tool for model making that I own!  It is small (6" long), operates at low rpm, and is able to accommodate drill sizes from #80 (.0135") to #22 (5/32").  This is perfect for drilling treenail holes.  Just use an awl to put a tiny hole in the wood, rest the drill bit in the hole and turn the drill on.  Excellent control, unlike a Dremel, and no more sore hands from using a pin vice, or broken bits using the manual push-action hand drill.

I cannot recommend this more highly!  And only $30!                      

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGQ24PS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Img_1156.jpg

It looks identical to one I got 40 years ago, and yes, it was great and I used it for everything. My one 'improvement' to it was to tape a small bit of wood under the spot where my thumb rested to give a more positive feel to the grip. It lasted for years of heavy use and one day grew wings and vanished.

Bruce

• 1 month later...