How to make filler blocks

Am in the process of building  a couple of ships but have run into a "block" with regard to the William.  As I said a little earlier, I have been away from model ship building for about 10 years and seem to have forgotten the process for making filler blocks for some of the bulkheads bow and stern.  The HMS William is a little bluff in the bow.  Would appreciate any help as I don't want to start planking until I have the fillers in place and the planking has something more substantial to adhere.  Thanks.

Fill between the bulkheads with balsa, shape as you fair the hull to prepare for planking - I start with 80 grit on a long sanding bar and work up to 120-150 grit......

There's different methods as builders use all kinds of woods.  Some use basswood and some fill in the area with a mix of basswood, balsa, and even plywood.  (I'm using the plywood and basswood myself on newest model).  Then there's those that "paint" the filler blocks with white glue, white glue and water mixed to stiffen the surface for planking.  For sanding... what Lou said.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)