Jump to content

Build log of a space ship?


modeller_masa

Recommended Posts

Hello.

This is a kind of joke question. 😆

 

If I make a wooden space ship from SF movies such as X-Wing, Enterprise, Battlefleet gothic from Warhammer 40K, and real space shuttle Endeavour, where is an appropriate place to leave a build log in this forum? I think I should post it on scratch build project.

 

I personally think the space ship is 'an airplane'. 🤔 Maybe I  can see more wooden space ships at aircraft communities that handle RC airplanes.

Edited by modeller_masa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, modeller_masa said:

I personally think the space ship is 'an airplane'

I would think it would depend on the type of space vehicle. The X wing, or Tie Fighter and Endeavor shuttle I would consider space planes. On the other hand I would think that the deep space vehicles like Enterprise, Galactica, or even the Millennium Falcon would be called space ships. Now all you need to do is categorize the space station. Is it a satellite, or is it a bunch of semi related objects all in the same orbit?:D

Lou

 

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, lmagna said:

I would think it would depend on the type of space vehicle. The X wing, or Tie Fighter and Endeavor shuttle I would consider space planes. On the other hand I would think that the deep space vehicles like Enterprise, Galactica, or even the Millennium Falcon would be called space ships. Now all you need to do is categorize the space station. Is it a satellite, or is it a bunch of semi related objects all in the same orbit?:D

That's really serious question! How about a flying boat like the Hindenburg? This topic may be a serious question beyond my expectation. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh I don't know if I would call it serious, but it is fun, at least to me. (I sometimes humor easily).

 

The Hindenburg, along with others of her kind have already been categorized as AIRSHIPS. They were in all respects ships of the air and were operated in a like manner, Blimps, or non rigid dirigibles, on the other hand are operated like airplanes and as a rule have nowhere near the cruising range or endurance in the air. Now days they are normally both considered airships.

 

Flying boats like the Boeing 314 Martin China Clipper, Martin Mars and others I also like to regard as ships of the air, even though they are, or were, operated as traditional aircraft. Their ability to fly great distances with  people and cargo was only surpassed by the large airships of the time. Of course those distances and cargo abilities have been far surpassed by almost all present day conventional aircraft but they could still land on water. That has only been done once successfully by a modern commercial aircraft:D, and it had some problems taking off again.     

Lou

 

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the wooden space ships/craft/things should go in the "non-ship" area as here at MSW, ships are normally those the only float above or below the ocean surface.  With that in mind, flying boats should go there also ("non-ship").   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans                             Triton Cross-Section   

                                                                                                                       USS Constellaton (kit bashed to 1854 Sloop of War  _(Gallery) Build Log

                                                                                Wasa (Gallery)

                                                                                                                        HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

 

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

         

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, lmagna said:

Oh I don't know if I would call it serious, but it is fun, at least to me. (I sometimes humor easily).

 

The Hindenburg, along with others of her kind have already been categorized as AIRSHIPS. They were in all respects ships of the air and were operated in a like manner, Blimps, or non rigid dirigibles, on the other hand are operated like airplanes and as a rule have nowhere near the cruising range or endurance in the air. Now days they are normally both considered airships.

 

Flying boats like the Boeing 314 Martin China Clipper, Martin Mars and others I also like to regard as ships of the air, even though they are, or were, operated as traditional aircraft. Their ability to fly great distances with  people and cargo was only surpassed by the large airships of the time. Of course those distances and cargo abilities have been far surpassed by almost all present day conventional aircraft but they could still land on water. That has only been done once successfully by a modern commercial aircraft:D, and it had some problems taking off again.     

Those are interesting facts. I want to go more serious discussion, but I may need to stop talking about off-topic on this board. Thank you for your knowledges, Imagna. 

44 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

I think the wooden space ships/craft/things should go in the "non-ship" area as here at MSW, ships are normally those the only float above or below the ocean surface.  With that in mind, flying boats should go there also ("non-ship").   

It looks like a similar issue of the 'SMALL' 😗 

 

By the way, I have a plan to post about miniature models of traditional Korean furnitures. Looks like I found a suitable place to post them. Thank you for replies. I should have researched site map carefully before I asked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No facts at all, just the strange way I look at things. Sorry if you were thinking that I was classifying those aircraft and space ships as forms of boats for posting builds on this forum. There is only one place to post builds of these types of models on this forum and that is in the Shore Leave Non-ship/ Categorized  builds. Sorry for the confusion,

Lou

 

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...