Beagle by nice-vans - FINISHED - OcCre - 1:60 - first wooden ship, built in a month

Hello all! 
I was recently commissioned to complete the Occre creative 1:60th HMS beagle kit for a cruise ship. 
I was given the commission early January for completion early February. This was my first real experience of working on a timber ship kit and it was great fun. The kit was lovely and I'd happily build it again, albeit at a slower pace.  
The ship is now gone and on its way to sail the seas of the Galapagos.

due to the short timeframe on this project i had to take several modelling shortcuts which I'm sure stick out like a sore thumb but should be invisible to the general public.  
I also need to give some general thanks to those of you on this forum as your build logs were a great resource for me when doing the material and timescale research needed before taking on the commission. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

91.jpg

87767087_10212548928237694_2885394140810444800_n (1).jpg

That was a fast build and it came out looking great.  Were you working 24/7 on it or were you able to sleep and eat?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

3 hours ago, mtaylor said:

That was a fast build and it came out looking great.  Were you working 24/7 on it or were you able to sleep and eat?

I think I averaged it out to around 5 hours a day, 3.5 days a week.  There were some all nighters towards the end (mostly making alterations for the client) but overall it was fairly leisurely :)