Discussions about Winnie chapter three - stern and qgallery details

This is where we will discuss all things chapter 3.....

There are some complex angles and some folks may not be too familiar with how to frame a qgallery or work on those stern details.   Lets talk about the details here so every knows where to find them later....

Dont forget to really examine your plans.  There is a lot of info at your finger tips.  Dont rely entirely on the instructions or the logs.   The plans hold the key.

For example....how many of you have started building your q galleries and never thought to check out the plans for this little gem......its all there.   Just look them over.

qgallplan.jpg

And dont forget to download the stern drawing to help you.  Its 8 1/2 x 11 so you can keep it by your side and use it for chapter 3.

sterndrawing.pdf

sterndrawing.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I need a safe way to hang my Winnie from the side of my table height work bench to work on the transom.  I’m not much of a carpenter or workin with wood larger than 1:48 scale. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated 😊?

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

I just lifted the stern and put the buildboard on a six inch block.  That worked for me.

My work table faces a window and wall. It’s not deep enough to face the stern towards me, which I could with every model but Winnie. I’ve been working at an angle which is not doing my neck any good. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose