USS Idaho by SigEp Ziggy - HobbyBoss - 1/350 - PLASTIC - kit bashed from USS Arizona

In 2012, my family and I traveled from Post Falls to southern Idaho, about 450 mi (725 km). My oldest son, 14yrs at the time, was participating in a state wide football tournament. We did sight seeing, Craters of the Moon, the State Capitol, the Boise Zoo, but what I wanted to see was a military museum. The one we found was somewhat small, tanks and armor vehicles outside and military 'stuff' inside. 

South Idaho Vacation 289.JPG

South Idaho Vacation 319.JPG

South Idaho Vacation 324.JPG

What caught my eye was two model ships, USS Idaho BB-42 and the USS Boise CL-47!
I vowed to build both, however the only kits available were resin and way out of my price range, $350 and $225 respectively.
So, I said 'someday' and left it at that.

South Idaho Vacation 308.JPG

Fast forward to 2019, one of my fellow modelers suggested kit bashing the Arizona into the Idaho and he sent be some plans I believe are Russian printed in Polish/English!
And now Covid-19, you would think I could get a lot of modeling done with working from home for over a month now. Not the case, however, my wife did let me purchase the Hobby Boss 1/350 USS Arizona! Let the kit bash begin!

12apr2020 007.jpg

12apr2020 008.jpg

I need some working drawings, so I cut and taped together the plan drawings using a light box.

30apr2020 002.jpg

Next, I needed the correct size drawings, 117.5% did the trick.

30apr2020 003.jpg

Now I need to correct the main deck and adjust the hull.  I will use the line drawings shown here.

30apr2020 005.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...