HMS Victory by Daveruss - Panart - 1/78 scale

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your model is looking great!  Nice job on the coppering.  It’s worth the time and effort.

Can you tell me how many sheets of plans came with the kit?  I’m thinking of purchasing a used kit and would like to have an idea of the number of drawings that should be included.

Thanks, and keep on with your nice work!

Don

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2022 at 2:19 AM, Kelp said:

Your model is looking great!  Nice job on the coppering.  It’s worth the time and effort.

Can you tell me how many sheets of plans came with the kit?  I’m thinking of purchasing a used kit and would like to have an idea of the number of drawings that should be included.

Thanks, and keep on with your nice work!

Don

Hi Don,

The plans are printed on both sides of a sheet so you get four sheets with eight plans if that makes sense. You also get the instruction book and I downloaded the full instructions in English too, although be aware they refer to the kit with all brass moldings and don’t show the new etched ply version which is the one I’m building.

• 8 months later...

Instructions are not as good and lots of things are left to the modeler. Some annoying things like the rigging thread not having any sizes on the spools but otherwise not too shabby a kit. Another thing is this kit is of course considerably cheaper than the Caldercraft one. Definitely need some experience with building model boats to get this done.

Edited by Daveruss

Making headway with the masts just the fore mast and bow sprit to go. People have different ways to do the masts. I prefer to build as much as possible before putting them in place on the ship. The plans hint at putting the masts in first the rigging and then the cross trees, not my preferred way to do it, we’ll see what’s best in the end.

488DA413-9AB5-47AA-ABE8-4E654E41FF54.jpeg

DC111CBE-D586-4685-BFEC-D9F2EC6B4C3F.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...