Location of mast at spar/yard

2 hours ago, popeye2sea said:

The drawings appear perfectly centered.  Is this maybe a case of measure twice, cut once?

Regards,

When making the spar i marked from drawings not mesaured. And then when i checked again it felt off. 2nd picture is spar rotated 180 degrees. So you can see its off.

Guess i have to redo that spar.

The problem I see is look at the two blocks, one at each end.   On the right side just past the yard is a vertical line.. that's the end of the yard.  The next two parallel lines are for the dimension.  

I think the yard as is, is spot on or darn close.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

The extension lines (the ones between the ends of a measured dimension) at the right end of the drawing are not separated from the drawing itself. That is the origin of the confusion.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

On 8/22/2020 at 8:26 PM, Wahka_est said:

When making the spar i marked from drawings not measured. And then when i checked again it felt off. 2nd picture is spar rotated 180 degrees. So you can see its off.

Guess i have to redo that spar.

I'm working on the Master Korabel Phoenix right now. I'm making the yards the same way you did here. (using the drawing, not measuring anything) From now on I'll check it with a 180 degree rotation after marking the center part of the yard before construction just to be sure. I can see how that would be quite frustrating. You'd assume the drawings would be spot on. Thanks for the heads up. 

I never trust the caldercraft drawings as spotted many mistakes in the past. The drawing shown there is out. From the centre of the yard on the Larboard side the yard measures 132.5mm, on the starboard it is 140mm. Neither correspond with the dimensions given. If you take the centre section it says 53mm but off the drawing it is 58.5mm.

When I did Supply they have different spacings for the gunports dependant on what drawing profile you look at.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds:

I think you will get away with just reworking the side that is overlength.

Current Build(s):

• H.M.S Diana 1794 - Caldercraft 1:64 Scale

Completed Builds: