HMS Triton by Anthony Hearne

hello

I am not planning on building this model yet , but i am trying to get everything together so that i can , in the future , i have a few questions but don't see anywhere to ask them other than here so here goes, i looked for an aots book for the triton but not sure if there is one , is there something like that available for this ship?

and my second question is regarding plans, the 11 x 8.5 i am slowly printing at work , i have checked the measurements and they are perfect, the 48 x 36 i had printed at kinkos , there is no scale on them so i'm not sure they are 100% correct but looking at them they seem fine , kinko's ,however doesn't print at 34 x 22 , they can only print at 36 x 24 , when i asked about scaling they looked at me blankly , where can i get these printed at the right scale or should i just print them at the larger scale and reduce them my self as needed

Hi,  good luck with Triton. 

Your question about  the plans I can't answer as I just printed mine at my local library and I'd  reduced them to 1:64.

The AOTS book is Pandora if I'm not very much mistaken, I didn't  find a copy for sale at the time I was looking. 

Hope this was in some way helpful. 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

I'm not sure, but most  details should be very similar to both vessels although Triton is a 28 gun frigate whereas Pandora is a 24 gun frigate. Perhaps a question in the plans and research section would provide an answer from a member more knowledgeable than I am.

Edited by Edwardkenway

Current builds;

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

As for plans... find an architectural copy house that prints for architects.  If you specify 100% the copies will be dead on. For the copies you have made, there should be a line on the drawing with tic-marks and the measurement.

Most of the office supply places seem pretty hit and miss on this. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

What are the choices?   I had mine printed on plain white paper but, my apartment is pretty stable in the temperature/humidity department.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I had my Winchelsea plans done on normal plan paper, the sort they use for architectural drawings, but I don't know what you'd call it over there🙂

Current builds;

Completed:

found this on their website , guess i have my answer , thank you for the referral its perfect

BOND PRINTING PAPER

Bond printing paper is the common, slightly rough surfaced paper used for writing, printing, and drawing, etc. Bond paper derives its name from the original use of this tough paper for the printing of government bonds.

We offer several grades of bond paper for printing: 20# white, 20# Colored (the paper is colored pink, blue, yellow, and green), 24# white, and 32# white bond. The grade of bond paper is important to how your print looks.

For specs and regular blueprints, a 20# bond is high enough grade and durable enough for most uses. It also has the added advantage of being the least expensive option of all our bonds. Use the 20# Colored Bond choice to make colored divisions in your drawings and spec books to separate different sections.

For proposals, color renderings, and other prints where your print needs to be clear and look sharp on the page, use a heavier grade bond – 24# for proposals, 32# for large format color renderings. These heavier bonds look whiter and allow for a much brighter finish for your color document. The heavier the bond, the better the print looks because heavier bond allow less background light through the print.

17 hours ago, Anthony Hearne said:

cool , thank you , is the mylar like clear plastic?

Yes. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

• 1 month later...

Hola,sobre el papel se usa el BOND PARA PLOTERS,lo hice en mi trabajo a 1/48,poniendo IMPRESION AL 100%,resulta sin problemas.En cuanto al libro ANATOMY OF THE SHIP del HMS Pandora,no son similares,se pueden rescatar algunos detalles,pero no son iguales,el HMS Triton es mas grande.Seria mejor referencia el HMS Diana.Exito en su construccion,llevo dos años y medio en el mio y sin velas.

Edited by Jorge Diaz O

-HMS Tritón 1/48 1773 en scracht (TERMINADO)

-HMS Winchelsea 1/35  1764 full scracht (EN PROYECTO)

notpirate.png

• 2 years later...