Hello from Oregon Coast

Dgerth

Hello!

I just joined the NRG and am looking forward to (virtually) meeting everyone. I am currently working on an old kit, the Harvey, that I have had lying around for quite a few years. Just got the first layer of hull planking and the deck planking complete, and getting ready to work on the bulwarks. I've already found many great tips just from a quick browse of the forums. 

I'm in Gearhart, Oregon, USA which is on the coast, Northwest of Portland. If anyone is close, I'd like to meet you!

Dan

Hi Dan, and welcome to MSW. 

One of the best things you can do is to start a build log - it's a great way to get feedback, advice, help and encouragement. The members are a pretty friendly and helpful bunch. The instructions are here:

As you're already part way into your build, maybe you could star by posting any photos you already have of the early steps in the process to bring the log up to "today", and then continue from there, posting updates as you make progress.

Have fun with it!

Steven

Dan, At the top of the home page there's a tool bar and under MORE there's a community map. It will show you members near you. I am 119 miles north of you in Lebam Wa.

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Hi Dan and welcome to Model Ship World.  There are many MSW members from your part of the country.  Please post some pictures of your Harvey as we would like to see your progress.  It is also a good idea as suggested to start a build log on your model.  We are glad to have you aboard.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Hi Dan, welcome to MSW from the south end of Oregon.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to MSW from Northern California! 

Bradley

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)