Golden Hind by Tomasz B - OcCre - 1/85

54 minutes ago, kirill4 said:

Good day Tomasz,

foot ropes -Why did You make them / is it in the kit's manual?

Actually ,during galleon era and well

till the end of the 17th centure foot ropes were not known ...and not used...

as example ,one of the Willem van de Velde drawing - no foot ropes...

but this is already mid of the 17th century...

SK-A-1390.jpg

Thanks for info. I didn't know they were not invented yet 😕.  You guys have so much knowledge i can only dream of yet so much reading on front of me. I will take them off then.

Thanks again 

Dear Tomasz,

Great part of my knowledge ,if not all, I took from R.C.Anderson book about 17 century rigging... wnen I rigging my model,it was very easy and interesting

He gave information in logical order same as sailing ship model need to be rigged...

I just read a few pages,lets say about main stay or main lifts for example and  tnan just made a few ropes on my model as it was described/ guided in his book - rope by rope - page by page...:)

later on I found more resourses with relevant information, but in common them all just confirm what  Anderson said already in his book many years ago :)))

good source of informatiin about 16-17 century rigging it is museum , art works of famous Dutch artists of that period - there is the link in my signature to their work...some of the paints like fotograph,such detailed!!!

Screenshot_20210116-100844_Gallery.jpg

Edited by kirill4

20 hours ago, kirill4 said:

Dear Tomasz,

Great part of my knowledge ,if not all, I took from R.C.Anderson book about 17 century rigging... wnen I rigging my model,it was very easy and interesting

He gave information in logical order same as sailing ship model need to be rigged...

I just read a few pages,lets say about main stay or main lifts for example and  tnan just made a few ropes on my model as it was described/ guided in his book - rope by rope - page by page...:)

later on I found more resourses with relevant information, but in common them all just confirm what  Anderson said already in his book many years ago :)))

good source of informatiin about 16-17 century rigging it is museum , art works of famous Dutch artists of that period - there is the link in my signature to their work...some of the paints like fotograph,such detailed!!!

Screenshot_20210116-100844_Gallery.jpg

Now i know i should get this book in first before i started this ship, but is never too late i will get it soon. 

Tomasz,

Futtock shrouds!???🙄😁 or just don't like them?

Good day,

This part- 

just imitation easy could be made, using the same fittings You already installed on the top platform of the model...just need to add futtock staf and shrouds , this parts lets say " mandatory" and will improove accuracy of your model! :)))

PicsArt_01-26-09.17.32.jpg

Only one original mast top from the 16th century exists, and that's that of the Mary Rose.

(Replicas of 16th century ships are not really reliable for information)
I solved the problem like this (post 546).

Edited by Backer

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Good! 

From my point of vew , it looks more accurate and logical! than previous version...

at least top mast shrouds need to be connected to the main shrouds for balance reasons, and your suggestion works in this way

20 Der Hollandische Zweidecker1660_70.jpg

Edited by kirill4

Could suggest, just some thoughts how to make them all similar....what if first

1.to make rings of requested and necessary diameter,

fabricate them on some of round stick,

2.than soldering cut and blackening rings entire

3.and finaly adjust necessary shape around deaeyes

20210126_230204.jpg

I don't know... They looks quite good for me!

general appearance/ distances between deadeyes/ on post #49 seems right

10 hours ago, Tomasz B said:

?they just don't look right 😕

They seem to be quite correct.
Only the one on the right is upside down

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

^g:)))

why deadeyes round shape but not triangle than? 

provocation question! :)))

3221695921_cf4350631a_o.jpg

2852032912_50840359c9_o.jpg

Edited by kirill4

4 hours ago, kirill4 said:

^g:)))

why deadeyes round shape but not triangle than? 

provocation question! :)))

3221695921_cf4350631a_o.jpg

2852032912_50840359c9_o.jpg

This is really provocative question 😅 

Well very first ship have to have some mistakes visible to get it better next time 🤣. To be honest i don't want to strip down everything now , i put a lot of effort on it but i will think about it again if i don't like it i may start all over again .

Edited by Tomasz B