Golden Hind by Tomasz B - OcCre - 1/85

4 hours ago, kirill4 said:

Maybe There is sence to add some belaying points for spritsail running rigging near the bowsprit area, where it penetrates trough bulkhead? Or before gammoning?

Good morning  Sir.

Wasn't sure about belaying points at all where they should be placed...

1 block missing on top because I just simplified it and just used 1 double block instead...

Last I have no  sling or lift at all because I am not sure yet - I think should be one there - still searching 🤔...

Good day Tomasz,

From my side have nothing to add more to my previous posts...

by my only private opinion ,all that You need for galleon ( your model) rigging condenced in a few books and reconstruction ( which I consider as best of the best):

*Anderson book( detailed description of almost each rigging lines) 

*Mondfeld/ Hoeckel 

*R.Aker G H version (+ E.Troppmann reconstruction drawings)- this I like very much!:)

*Or reconstruction of Mayflower II by W.A. Baker " The Mayflower and other colonial vessels"...Another exeleht example! With lot of infotmation...

Each One of this book /+ drawings will complitely cover any galleon rigging questions...

:)))

There is no need else to arrange any more global investigations on subject :)))

Edited by kirill4

Last two pictures in your post #122 ...looks strange....

One is Someone amateur  interpritation , and another one-  bad quality copy of Mondfeld reconstruction...why not to use original sources?

1 hour ago, kirill4 said:

Last two pictures in your post #122 ...looks strange....

One is Someone amateur  interpritation , and another one-  bad quality copy of Mondfeld reconstruction...why not to use original sources?

Yes is someone model, I only placed those pictures just to have idea...cuz i  am not sure....

And books i only have anderson and lennarth at this time so Google all the time😃   

3 hours ago, kirill4 said:

Good day Tomasz,

From my side have nothing to add more to my previous posts...

by my only private opinion ,all that You need for galleon ( your model) rigging condenced in a few books and reconstruction ( which I consider as best of the best):

*Anderson book( detailed description of almost each rigging lines) 

*Mondfeld/ Hoeckel 

*R.Aker G H version (+ E.Troppmann reconstruction drawings)- this I like very much!:)

*Or reconstruction of Mayflower II by W.A. Baker " The Mayflower and other colonial vessels"...Another exeleht example! With lot of infotmation...

Each One of this book /+ drawings will complitely cover any galleon rigging questions...

:)))

There is no need else to arrange any more global investigations on subject :)))

Is this book you mentioned sir?

20210308_160856.jpg

Good day,

Yes, this book... there are very detailed drawing of small english galleon with rigging plan and belaying points diagram...

It is very good as source of information for your model...actually Hoeckel gives the same ,identical galleon reconstruction in his book...I don't know who is author of this drawing , but in rigging details , it  is quite correct and very popular in ship model building comunity...:)))

11 minutes ago, kirill4 said:

Good day,

Yes, this book... there are very detailed drawing of small english galleon with rigging plan and belaying points diagram...

It is very good as source of information for your model...actually Hoeckel gives the same ,identical galleon reconstruction in his book...I don't know who is author of this drawing , but in rigging details , it  is quite correct and very popular in ship model building comunity...:)))

Unfortunately is not the cheapest one on the market, yet not so many used ones 😕 but I will try to get one ...

Oh,I could share digital version with You for free( I got it free from one of  colleque)..

IF you wish, give me your e mail ,I will send my digital copy to You for private use...

Edited by kirill4

This one You called "lift" is spritsail halliards, lifts is another rigging lines... bowsprit has all the same riggings/same names as normal vertical mast has...

Looks nice, and size looks quite proportional...

There is foto ,how it looks on Duyfken replica

6932843364_e910a6f5da_k.jpg

7169525604_9e36361de6_o.jpg

• 11 months later...

Hello all..

Been off for while....Had to take a break. In the meantime started paper steam train ,fully build plastic train and aircraft...

Just back to Golden Hind rigging ...so today i fitted spritsail and did some work with blocks...not much but still something...maybe 1 day i will finish this ship😀 rigging is just so hard to do for me....

20220219_233030.jpg

20220219_233045.jpg

20220219_233106.jpg

20220219_232842.jpg

20220219_225530.jpg

20220219_232829.thumb.jpg.2736de015b20a7f78b74bb009e2de28a.jpg20220214_180545.thumb.jpg.415ea5551313bd4f3c4d6a8ff9120c58.jpg

Edited by Tomasz B

Nicely put together! 

I realize it is typical of OcCre's numerous mistakes in their kits but I just don't understand why they continue showing the use of belaying pins on these older vessels when they were not used until about 1745.  

Allan  

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Hi there!

Tomasz, this certainly does not look like your first. Really enjoyable thread about your progress! Great work!

I also had a bit of trouble with rigging my Mayflower (gallery here) and Anderson was the way to go.

I really like the sails you made. Bravo!

And Kirill, thanks for sharing your knowledge and the useful links! 

Rgds,

Radek

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 11:38 AM, allanyed said:

Nicely put together! 

I realize it is typical of OcCre's numerous mistakes in their kits but I just don't understand why they continue showing the use of belaying pins on these older vessels when they were not used until about 1745.  

Allan  

HI. really ? they didnt used ones? hmmm dont know that...i am trying to follow occre instructions and peterson and lenhard books..

as i mentioned this wessel is my first wooden ship from this period and only one with sails...

On 2/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, RdK said:

Hi there!

Tomasz, this certainly does not look like your first. Really enjoyable thread about your progress! Great work!

I also had a bit of trouble with rigging my Mayflower (gallery here) and Anderson was the way to go.

I really like the sails you made. Bravo!

And Kirill, thanks for sharing your knowledge and the useful links! 

Rgds,

Radek

Hi Radek thx it is really first vessel i build wooden one... i build many models in my life but never like this ... many tanks aircrafts modern ships cars even bikes but newer like this. i grow up on maly modelarz if you know one

Hi.

Just make sails for my hind. This time used slightly thinner cloth.i think looks a bit better...

20220308_222921.jpg

20220308_222918.jpg

20220308_222951.jpg

20220308_222937.jpg

20220226_171838.jpg

20220226_171829.jpg 

this holes punched with syringe niddle...i using it also for my card models -works really good.                                                                          

20220226_171835.jpg   i wil try make all of them like this 

20220308_223121.jpg

20220308_223102.jpg

i am about to make a martnets but for now not sure yet how-i think 3 ropes with 2 blocks and on front or back? not sure yet.

Edited by Tomasz B

Nice sails.

My idea was to attach 3 to the fore sail and 5 to the main sail

See Link to post 643 in Pelican build

Edited by Baker

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

35 minutes ago, Baker said:

Nice sails.

My idea was to attach 3 to the fore sail and 5 to the main sail

See Link to post 643 in Pelican build

Thx Sir. Yes i was thinking to do it like this, just  wasn't sure...

Would you mind if i copy part of your rigging and apply it to my ship ? 🙏

Unfortunately andersons book doesn't cover anything before 1600 year... i just didn't know i can do it the way he explained...

Martnets should be on both sides of sail or just one side ?

1 hour ago, Tomasz B said:

Would you mind if i copy part of your rigging and apply it to my ship ? 🙏

No problem.

1 hour ago, Tomasz B said:

Martnets should be on both sides of sail or just one side ?

Both

Source image.png.75bbed0544963887455f420c760b2f3e.png (Yes, a carrack, not a galleon. But the principle is the same) 

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum