Having problems with my varnish...

Hey everybody,

A few weeks back I started on my first modelship (The Candelaria from Occre). I have done all the flooring and everything is going well until yesterday... After doing that, the next step was to varnish the flooring. For that I used the Oak Varnish from Occre itself, but I didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to... It’s a mix between good pieces and white stains (I think from the glue, even though I sanded the whole deck before).

I have put a picture to show you guys, so you guys can see. If any of you have tips to restore it or have advise to help this issue, it would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Anton

46FBDACD-C6BC-4CBD-900E-3CC982E3CC72.jpeg

Welcome to MSW AntonK,

When CA glue is used, it soaks into the wood and become almost impossible to remove, even with heavy sanding. 

Bradley

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

I moved this to the appropriate area here on MSW.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)