Introduction

Hi, Bill.

I took the liberty of removing your email address from your post; otherwise, you would be a target for unsolicited spam generated by web crawlers. Members can contact you through our private messaging system.

I'm not sure what you mean by "anything you might have." MSW does not sell model kits, though our members may advertise them in our traders and dealers section. If you are new to wooden models, I suggest taking some time to browse around our site. Check out some of the clickable links to our site sponsors (home page, right-hand side), some of whom are kit vendors. Also search or browse through the kit build logs and look for titles that have the words "first build" in them -- that will give you a good idea of what other first-time modelers are building. Bear in mind that modeling in wood is a different ballgame than working in plastic, so it pays to start simple.

Hope this helps a bit.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix

Bill, welcome to MSW. I hope you're able to find a model that grabs your interest. If you do, please start a build log and join in the party.

Hi Bill, Welcome to MSW.

I have two bits of advice... the first is this one as it contains a list of manufacturers who are  banned by MSW because the pirate kits for honest manufacturers... https://modelshipworld.com/forum/149-our-stance-on-piracy-in-the-hobby/

The other is this topic...  it offers some great advice.   https://modelshipworld.com/topic/13703-for-beginners-a-cautionary-tale/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Welcome to Model Ship World Bill.  Many of the kit build logs are tagged "First Build".  The tags are located under the title of the build log and if you click on the tag, it will list all of the first builds by members.  You can check them out and see what other first time ship modeler are building.  This may help you find a model that you like and is suitable to your skills.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat