Ubjs

From your photo it looks like they used the same material for all of the printed parts so  they are meant to be painted or otherwise colorized to  a more appropriate color.  The type of paint may depend on the material of these pieces, be it resin, ABS, or some other material.   I would try to find out what material they used before priming and painting, but other members may know if there are universal coatings that work on any 3D printed material.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Any acrylic primer and paint will do. Sanding, you have to be careful. Begin with a fine grit and see how much it bites. But I must say that the supports are very sloppy placed. When I print in resin I try to place the supports where they will be as hidden as possible. At least they didn't just break them off, that would leave "dimples" on the pieces. Sand them away carefully.

Mr. Pucko

Building:

Royal Caroline - Panart

Nuestra Senora del Pilar - Occre

Bounty - Occre

Titanic - Amati

Endeavour - AL

Santissima Trinidad cross section - Occre

Wear plastic/vinyl/etc. gloves while washing, and handling the parts, until they are painted. Oil left by your fingers will affect the adhesion of the paint to the parts.