Occre Corsair Rigging

elrojo99

Hey all - this is my first post so I hope I have the correct forum etc.

I’m recently retired and a rookie model builder and working on my second kit - Occre Corsair with my first being a Bluenose model. Both have been a learning experience with lots a stupid mistakes and rework.

While I have not decided if I like the ship models with or without sails I figured that since the kit came with finished sails I would at least attempt rigging them.

I find the instructions for this kit to be limited for my skill & experience. There are no actual written instructions regarding the rigging of the sails - only a few diagrams such as shown below.

The diagrams are for both the main & foremasts and the numbers pointing to the lines refer to the belaying pins on another diagram. (266-275) would be 266-foremast 275-main. I’m ok for the red lines & masts.

My problem is I do not know how - or if the BLUE rigging line’s are actually attached to sails - and if so how are the attached?

Example - 266-275 appears on the top passes through the mid-sail block and splits into two lines? (Sorry still trying to get the terminology).

Anyway - does anyone have pictures on how this part of the rigging is done?  The pics from Occre are not detailed enough or too blurred when enlarged. 

I know this is a fictional ship - so there is no real standard. But I am trying to learn and understand what the correct or recommend process from those who know and not just make it up.image.png.0d510c0e53d0e097e3488685df8ee407.png

Edited by elrojo99
Typo

Your question would take a lot of answering that would probably lead to many more questions, and I'm sure you will get some help..

For something so essential to model ship building you need a good reference like Historic Ship Models where you will find drawings like:

image.png.c2c942d2c18d3b9e234d47ecb8f9c7b9.png

Or Rigging Period Ship Models.. where you will find a diagram for every line on the ship..

image.png.b60e87c984f9213fe4753688683fd6e6.png

Luck is just another word for good preparation.

—MICHAEL ROSE

Current builds:    Rattlesnake (Scratch From MS Plans 

On Hold:  HMS Resolution ( AKA Ferrett )

In the Gallery: Yacht Mary,  Gretel, French Cannon

Try running this search as it shows build logs and questions about this model.   Some related to rigging.  https://modelshipworld.com/search/?q=occre corsair&quick=1

Also, give some thought to doing a build log of your own.  A short intro to bring it up to date and then carry on. It's a great way to get help and also meet other builders.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)