How I do deck building from scratch videos

Hello everyone, 
I posted recently a video about how I do decking from scratch. I have made the second video in the series showing my process and thought. I hope that others may find this video as useful as the other one. This is part 2 of 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqi_vFTZ4GI&list=PL5g6B09m0wL3EOzxDgJNi9-IqQeWs-rMM&index=2&ab_channel=BrankoStipanovic

Bronko

Welcome to MSW.  You posted the second video here but it shows this is your first post so the first video is missing. 

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, 

For those of you following my model ship decking videos, here is number 3. 
In this video I explain and show how I get the "look" of the decking that we are so used to seeing... the resin that naturally stains the wood and gives the colour between planks. As always, take your time, go slowly and enjoy the process, it can be a very relaxing and satisfying task. My best advice is to be thorough with your preparation and the set up of your work staion, this will help you to enjoy your project more. Good Luck and see you in the next video. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aem7k4HZgdY&list=PL5g6B09m0wL3EOzxDgJNi9-IqQeWs-rMM&index=3&ab_channel=BrankoStipanovic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All!

Thank you very much for all the support and kind words about my videos.

Here is the final video in my "How-to" decking series.

In this video, I will talk about French polishing and its application on the decking as well as finishing up some decking from a previous video using a craft blade. I will also talk about different deck types that were used throughout the world and some of the history of French Polish.

Where to from here:

I plan on making more videos about making object from scratch, if anyone wants to see me make something specific, please let me know and I will endeavor to make a video about it.

I have bought a DSLR-style camera with some lenses so in the future the videos will be in more detail.

Thanks for watching and see you in the next video.

BranksSNYl,

I've merged your posts on this topic into one topic.  It'll be much easier for a reader to find them all in one place.   Please, just add to it if you have more info/videos to add instead of opening a new topic.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)