Colin Archer RS1 by Norwegian Plastic - Billing Boats - 1:15

17 hours ago, Sundt said:

How to drill hole for the fiber optic? And where to buy?. Nicely done every step you show us 🙂

Well, I gave up on the fiber, they were hard to bend in the restricted room inside the mast. Used 3 mm flathead leds inside the lanterns and soldered a 2 mm brass tube wich cables are running trough.

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight was decal-time. Big milestone for the project because this was the last part to be added before I start on the ropes and gaffs/booms. The kit decals were not stored well and were both shabby and bent. Had a local company scan them and make pre- cut letters. The Syren rope will arrive in a month or so and a break in the project will occour…

79614650-3D49-466D-8661-A7237628D1FB.jpeg

302A6F7F-B711-4D7E-BA96-CD240430DE69.jpeg

1F5DAC34-AE4C-4271-87B7-D63686563A07.jpeg

385D0D93-C256-4CCF-8A02-F93361CD0CE2.jpeg

Edited by Norwegian Plastic

Hei NP! 

I have not been much on the forum recently and have not seen your build until now!  Very nicely built CA RS1!

I have made a scale interior on mine and that has taken a long time. I have tried to hide the RC gear inside all the furntiure and lockers. I am soon ready to get the main deck (nr18) glued onto the hull. I also have an old '414' kit which came with warped cross-beams etc like yours!

Very impressed by your work,

George

2 hours ago, Geam said:

Hei NP! 

I have not been much on the forum recently and have not seen your build until now!  Very nicely built CA RS1!

I have made a scale interior on mine and that has taken a long time. I have tried to hide the RC gear inside all the furntiure and lockers. I am soon ready to get the main deck (nr18) glued onto the hull. I also have an old '414' kit which came with warped cross-beams etc like yours!

Very impressed by your work,

George

Thank you George! As I have said earlier it is my first boat and first wood kit so I make a lot of mistakes. The goal is to make it look interesting, not correct… I really admire the patience you have on building the interior, I could hardly wait to put the masts on🙈

I can understand that NP. I have been very keen to get the deck on but each time I think I'm ready, another detail comes to mind which MUST be done before the deck makes sections unaccessible.  The deck will go on during this week....I think!

You have many very good detail photos on your build log. I liked the Tamiya clear green on the deck 'lights'. I've often wondered how to make them show a hint of the light green interior below. I did not know that 'clear green' existed! 

George. 

It's a great inspiration to see all this fine detail NP! It has revived my interest in getting on with the build. My deck will deffinately go on this week!

I see that your crew members come from the same country as mine! I put my rudder pintles on the wrong way and here is a photo of the crew together with an inspector (watchman) crying over the mistake!

George

20220201_152545.jpg

2 hours ago, Geam said:

It's a great inspiration to see all this fine detail NP! It has revived my interest in getting on with the build. My deck will deffinately go on this week!

I see that your crew members come from the same country as mine! I put my rudder pintles on the wrong way and here is a photo of the crew together with an inspector (watchman) crying over the mistake!

George

20220201_152545.jpg

Oooops! How do you plan to fix that?