New Builder from Minnesota!

AlexMN

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the hobby and am saying hello from Minnesota's Twin Cities! I have been greatly enjoying the hobby thus far, and am excited to get to know others on here as well. I just started my first build log, which you can find here: Lowell Grand Banks Dory

I think I skew younger than most others on here. I am in my late twenties and came to the hobby because I recently graduated from grad school and found myself with some extra time! I also enjoy building Lego kits, especially Star Wars, and wanted to try something more complex. After building the Lego ship in a bottle, I realized I have always been fascinated by ships and decided to give a real model a go! I also enjoy hiking and collecting hockey cards! 

So happy to meet you all! Happy building!

Alex

Current Build: Lowell Grand Banks Dory (first build)

Welcome to MSW, Alex. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Alex and welcome to Model Ship World.  The Lowell Grand Banks Dory is an excellent introduction to wooden ship modeling by the first time builder.  If you get a chance, please post a picture of your Lego ship in a bottle.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

1 hour ago, Ryland Craze said:

If you get a chance, please post a picture of your Lego ship in a bottle.

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone! Ryland, a picture of the ship in a bottle set is below! It is a very fun set to build and looks great displayed in my home. Costs about $70 I believe.

IMG_2664.thumb.jpeg.74e522563efee3706209039775c45e51.jpeg

Alex

Current Build: Lowell Grand Banks Dory (first build)