Hello,

I'm offering this kit for sale. Full disclosure: I started this kit. I cut out the center keel and the bulkheads. I sanded the center keel and made a template to trace, then cut, the rabbet. Then I chickened out and stopped. The kit is complete and otherwise untouched. Because I started it, I'd like to offer it for the cost of packing and shipping only. I'll also throw in Bob Hunt's practicum for the kit. The shipping amount will depend on your distance from my home in Boston. I'll accept PayPal or Venmo. Thanks for taking a look. 

Glen

Boston, MAIMG_4835.thumb.JPG.1b5eefab4fa5d0e4693e6eb0de3f9aeb.JPG

Edited by gagliano1770
sale pending

With the practicum why not try building it and not giving up?  There are plenty of AVS logs here to consult. What’s the worst that could happen, a less than perfect model, so what there are plenty of those around. Some logs are really bad work,  but they are trying. Give it a shot, start a log, ask questions. I’ll follow

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

I agree, don't give up the ghost, try it. I have nere seen a truely bad build on RCG. There are too many resources here for that to happen as long as you follow their advice. There are only two things that can't be fixed on a ship model and that is a twisted or warpped keel.   

I have built better than 100 models over the years and still at times, I will build a model with the intentions of building it in all natural wood only to get half way through with it and realize the planking job wasn't one of my best pieces of work for what ever reason. When this happens, no problem, I just bring out the putty and paint and when someone see's it and comments about how they love the painted finish, I reply that is what I was shooting for the whole time. No one knows but me that it was a backup and punt situation.

My point here is, Modeling is supposed to be fun, and relaxing and challenging, not stressful.

Edited by mtdoramike

Dear Glenn and mtdoramike,

Thank you for your kind encouragement. I didn't flesh out my reason for selling in this post because I already sold most of my kits and tools through this forum.

My wife and I have sold our house and are moving to a 2-bedroom apartment. To facilitate our downsizing I sold my Byrnes saw and disc sander, and 7 or 8 kits that I never touched. You see, I went quite crazy with accumulating toys when I embarked on this hobby. All of those kits had become more of a burden than a joy, and I'm glad that they are in better homes now.

All was not for naught, though. Since you are both so encouraging, here are a few photos of the Bluenose that I almost completed.

All best wishes.

IMG-4836.thumb.jpg.ff47b7f6fce585fe820113135426855f.jpgIMG-4837.thumb.jpg.8795d4683b93a401e9618fc8919016d2.jpgIMG-4838.thumb.jpg.1fc335ffb809efc0f98bd615fcf4cac3.jpg

Edited by gagliano1770

I know what you mean about going hog wild and pig crazy when it comes to hobbies, I had the monkey on my back too. I'll bet it stuck a bit to sell off the byrns tools. I hate to see unfinished models like the Bluenose. I built a few of them over the years and the Canadians go crazy for them. I could have sold everyone I could have built back in the day. It looks like you did a great job on it. Good luck on the sale.