RMS Titanic by Dean77 - OcCre - 1/300

I'm at the stage of rigging my HMS Beagle so thought I would make a start on the Titanic.

I've always had a fascination with Titanic, my parents had a book by Robert Ballard about Titanic and the discovery of the wreck. I would spend hours looking through this book.

I have the hobbyzone building slip but the Titanic keel is slightly to long to fit. With a bit of fiddling I can sort of use the building slip, not as entirely as it should though!

20211225_111005.thumb.jpg.4820877ade867e89e7258cbca0d51595.jpg

20220214_173737.thumb.jpg.d109a8e9d74ccdad18cf7944f2e5dfad.jpg

20220214_173752.thumb.jpg.06530d63f907901c0ce4844722c849b6.jpg

False keel assembled and bulkheads dry assembled.

20220214_174044.thumb.jpg.a1a0c6fff41452607234a7a0c193e46b.jpg

20220213_172853.thumb.jpg.7ccc53accf672bd1d5f80a795e42d7d0.jpg

20220214_173838.thumb.jpg.eebaf7161d78947ce6eb481b306f9ac2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bought this OcCre Titanic kit when it was on sale a few months back.  Couldn't help myself.  It's in the shipyard queue for building, but realistically probably 9-12 months before starting.  I need to learn a lot on some other builds before tackling this classic.  With that said, I will be following your progress, Dean!  Hope all goes well and excited to see it come together.

Gregg

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Titanicphile said:

Not to hijack Dean77 thread....

Yeah, you sorta did!  But, looking forward to following both of your build logs.  Best wishes to both!

I'm sure you are familiar with it, but there is an interesting 34-part YouTube series on the OcCre Titanic construction...

Gregg

Current Projects:                                                     Completed Projects:                                                                 Waiting for Shipyard Clearance:

Bluenose 1921 1:64 - Model Shipways                   Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 - Model Shipways                    Yacht America Schooner 1851 1:64 - Model Shipways

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack 1:24 - Model Shipways        RMS Titanic 1:300 - OcCre  (Couldn't help myself when it was on sale)

H.M. Schooner Ballahoo 1:64 - Caldercraft                             USS Constitution  1:76 - Model Shipways

Santa Maria Caravelle 1:48 - Ships of Pavel Nikitin

Looks to be a very nice kit. I am currently building the Amati version. Will follow along with interest.

I see that Occre are using the same Colour card for some of the detailing as Amati. I can replace all of mine with PE from Minibrass.

You might want to consider doing the same if there are upgrades available.

Good luck and enjoy building this version of this iconic ship.

Paul

Edited by Paul Jarman

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson

Any progress.  What are your thoughts on the peel and stick details supplied.  I like, but believe with the right approach. One could use to make look more prototypical than just stick the plates onto the structures.  Not too keen on how the skylights are depicted.  One could I believe easily scratch build that detail.  Overall very pleased with the kit.  I do believe OcCre's hull details are  approached in a better way than Amati's.  I ordered sets of porthole frames for card models that are the perfect size to add that missing detail rather than just a round hole. Looking forward to your progress 👍.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:20 AM, Paul Jarman said:

Looks to be a very nice kit. I am currently building the Amati version. Will follow along with interest.

I see that Occre are using the same Colour card for some of the detailing as Amati. I can replace all of mine with PE from Minibrass.

You might want to consider doing the same if there are upgrades available.

Good luck and enjoy building this version of this iconic ship.

Paul

I went too that site. I had no luck finding your referenced PE!  Tom's Modelworks has a super PE set for Titanic, but alas it comes in 1/350 scale. I am hoping I can get them enlarged to 1/300.  Another alternative, draw up and do your own.  I never have been very good at this other than very simple items.  Looking forward to your response 👍.

Dean77, you got to checkout Minibrass.  I originally entered it wrong and was sent to a site that had nothing to offer.  But upon entering exactly as Paul Jarman suggested, good googly moogly.  I fired off a request to see if they could offer in 1/300.  I bet if all of use asked, they might agree too one more scale offering.  They have in every scale but 1/300.  Thank you Paul Jarman.

Sorry about, they do quite a bit of PE for various scales but I didn't check to see if they had 1/300.

But the card parts you have in your kit look way better than the Amati set.. They look to be made with self adhesive.

Have you checked out the 36 part log on YouTube? Your kit looks very good and will make fine model.

Paul

In work

Amati-rms-titanic-1912-1250

Unfinished kit

Revell Container-ship-colombo-express

Finished

AL -  King of the Mississippi

AL-Sanson