Do I need to cut my hull at this angle or can I just lay the bottom flat

Flat? Like flush with the bottom surface?   I don't see why not though others may have a different opinion.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

If you wish to do that, then trace the outline and station lines, rotate the tracing and transfer it (or glue it) to the wood with the lower edge aligned along the edge of the wood.

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

There's no reason you can't rotate the side elevation so that the keel will be parallel to the edge of your block, however since the station lines will not be vertical, but slightly rotated off plumb, the length of the plan drawn on top of the block will change slightly. It should get just a tiny bit longer but, perhaps not enough to cause a significant problem.

Project the rotated station lines to the top of the block and across then check their spacing against these on the ship's plan.

Jim

My Current Project is the Pinky Schooner Dove Found here: Dove Build Log

Previously built schooners:

Benjamin Latham

Latham's Seine Boat

Prince de Neufchatel

There are two ways of drawing stations on a lines drawing.

1. Perpendicular to the waterline at which the vessel will float.

2. Perpendicular to the vessel’s keel (or more exactly the rabbit along the keel).

The lines drawing that you are using apparently uses a base line parallel to the waterline. This means that body plan stations are perpendicular to the waterline.  If you plan to rotate the drawing on your block of wood so that it’s lower edge runs along the block’s lower edge, then the stations must maintain this relationship.  This means that the statins must now be at an angle to the bottom of the block.  Otherwise the hull that you carve will not be accurate.  

I suggest that you cut it out as you have drawn it.

Roger

1 hour ago, Roger Pellett said:

There are two ways of drawing stations on a lines drawing.

1. Perpendicular to the waterline at which the vessel will float.

2. Perpendicular to the vessel’s keel (or more exactly the rabbit along the keel).

The lines drawing that you are using apparently uses a base line parallel to the waterline. This means that body plan stations are perpendicular to the waterline.  If you plan to rotate the drawing on your block of wood so that it’s lower edge runs along the block’s lower edge, then the stations must maintain this relationship.  This means that the statins must now be at an angle to the bottom of the block.  Otherwise the hull that you carve will not be accurate.  

I suggest that you cut it out as you have drawn it.

Roger

Which is what I decided to do because...though I need practice drawing straight lines I need practice on the bandsaw more. I do not want to draw my lines a third or is it fourth time to get them how I want. My erasing skill is quite high. It needs no more practice. Thank You :-)