Sloop-rigged packetboat by Strelok - 1:35 - based on Chapman plans - POB

Proxxon would have been nice, but the Black&Decker did only cost less than a third (rather a quarter) as much as the Proxxon-equivalent. I was limited by the budget of the person, who wanted to give me this present after all.

On 1/16/2024 at 12:44 PM, Strelok said:

Proxxon would have been nice, but the Black&Decker did only cost less than a third (rather a quarter) as much as the Proxxon-equivalent. I was limited by the budget of the person, who wanted to give me this present after all.

It does look like the Proxxon,  So much so, I'm wondering if it's made under license?

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

The Proxxon is smaller, indeed, but not by THAT much. The B&D's measurements are 19,6 x 45,4 x 14,4 cm; 1,2 Kilogramm, compared to 19,3 x 33 x 11,2 cm; 0,9 Kilogramm (both according to amazon). Yes, it's a thrid shorter shorter overall, but it's only 300 gramm lighter.

Now for something completely different:

Another bit of progress was made today

WhatsAppBild2024-01-22um10_16.48_228996e1.thumb.jpg.7c77d8ea94711fe1d11117661910a0f3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey

some good progress has been made again. Mast, bowsprit, gaff and gaff sail boom are done. When I made the gaff sail boom, I made a small oopsie and had a little heart attack: I broke the "fork" that goes to the mast (Klaue in german), but I was able to repair it.

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.c126a7780fafaf6910f0537c6da54ed4.jpg

The only hint that this happened is that the fork connects to the gaff sail boom in a slight angle. I'm fine with that, though.

IMG-20240217-WA0064.thumb.jpg.398ace0a36771846092443e599f3e94c.jpg

Here you can see the gaff, gaff sail boom and bowsprit painted and with all clamps, blocks and dead eyes attached

IMG-20240222-WA0001.thumb.jpg.496b70115ad617eea5099f5d6cfbe1dc.jpg

I close my update with a picture of the current status of the hull. The mast is not yet glued in place.

IMG-20240222-WA0002.thumb.jpg.d4a11df23aee86f33efa3a4c16c73561.jpg