Hello, 

Selling a Jim Brynes Ropewalk, never used.   Beautiful piece of machining, comes with everything seen in the pictures.  Seeking $300 plus shipping from New Jersey, 08053.   Happy to discuss via PM or a phone call.  Can accept Venmo, Paypal, or check if a must.    Thanks!

image.thumb.jpeg.221437a4405fb126a0d8be66732fb35b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.069306313a41009fd15ba516515aaffe.jpeg

Edited by Azzoun

41 minutes ago, Guyuti said:

Azzoun,

Do you know if it will work on UK power supply or would i need to fit a new cable etc?

Are you willing to ship to the UK?

Guy

If you're willing to pay the shipping, whatever that is.  Not sure what the complexities could otherwise be shipping to the UK.   It runs on 120V, standard US electric service. 

Joshua 

1 hour ago, Guyuti said:

Joshua,

Thanks for the fast reply, but I will have to give this a miss sadly, would have no  idea how to covert the power to the UK's 240 volts.

Thanks

Guy

Guy

I was a US expat there in the 70's and we all used transformers then for whatever we shipped over there.  1000 and 2000 watt ones were readily available.  The solid state converters now available would be great, if they can handle the starting current of the Byrnes motors.

Bear in mind, the 60Hz motors may run slower and hotter on your 50 Hz power

Edited by Altduck
add comment re Hz

Richard

As noted above, 220VAC 50hz European mains power is easily "stepped down" to 120VAC 60hz American mains power by the use of a readily available plug-in converter which are sold to the travelers from America. I expect the  50hz would result in a slower motor RPM than 60hz, but the machine's speed control should make that difference irrelevant. I doubt the minimal torque demand on the motor would occasion any overheating issues. I'd suggest you send an email to Jim Byrnes and confirm that with him. https://www.byrnesmodelmachines.com/contact5.html  It is certainly a beautiful machine.

If you find that the shipping to the UK negates the bargain price, you might consider Domanoff's near-identical machine now made in Poland at a similar price point. It is not machined from aluminum, but rather high quality acrylic, but it comes in either American or European powered versions and additionally has a powered, variable speed, take up spool for the finished line. The Byrnes machine has a manual crank-operated take up spool. https://www.shipworkshop.com/product-page/pl4-series-endless-rope-making-machines-with-traverse 

Edited by Bob Cleek

That's a beautiful looking machine! I'd love to see a video of it in action.

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild