Prinz Eugen by CraigVT - OcCre - 1:200

I bought this kit as a preorder and have been sitting on it until I finish my current build, the Panart HMS Victory. I'll be adding pics soon. In the meantime, here's a pic of my Vic. Cheers!

IMG_0446.thumb.jpg.1f83da23fb441710cafac03b952a153c.jpg

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

What else are you going to do during a pandemic?

Building: Caldercraft's HMS Victory, DiAgostini's HMS Victory Cross Section & Trumpeter's BB61 USS Iowa (its a big shop).

Built: Occre's Prinze Eugen, Panart's HMS Victory, Corel's HMS Victory Cross Section & Flying Fish, plus a bunch of lobster boats and turtle smacks, model rockets, jet engines, etc.

Waiting on the shelf: Amati's Hannah Ship-in-bottle, Occre's HMS Titanic, Caldercraft's Snake & the New Bedford Whale boat.

• 1 month later...

I ran out of scale rope for the Queen so I decided to unbox the Prinz. There is a better unboxing post that really explores the kit. I took a few pictures before diving in. The box is heavy. There are 8 or 9 sheets of photo etched brass! C7FE46CC-B6B5-4E9B-9835-3AD6F3131FD3.thumb.jpeg.b02f56794310bb3c91d8d44c4db40da7.jpegB532505C-3E69-4A8E-A641-CA32802D2B3F.thumb.jpeg.4ec758c6c6d86778c3e656854465307a.jpegE71B2EDC-A8B1-4767-A672-8DFC5D7385D3.thumb.jpeg.b5e93f43bdc8737cfa55debf05287f1d.jpegB0528E82-6528-410E-ABCD-99E8FA744D85.thumb.jpeg.4ef119b81bba22dbb2b2a6545c82b178.jpeg837341EC-51E2-4201-892B-B9647E9BBEB5.thumb.jpeg.d9c3f1f91a76065e5ade3b80314b8bbf.jpeg42DD093B-0F35-4409-BB46-749022E281DA.thumb.jpeg.8eb645c149dcc261385a965227ad2672.jpeg

4F747DCB-E82C-470F-9239-80CFD6043F21.jpeg

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

Building: Caldercraft's HMS Victory, DiAgostini's HMS Victory Cross Section & Trumpeter's BB61 USS Iowa (its a big shop).

Built: Occre's Prinze Eugen, Panart's HMS Victory, Corel's HMS Victory Cross Section & Flying Fish, plus a bunch of lobster boats and turtle smacks, model rockets, jet engines, etc.

Waiting on the shelf: Amati's Hannah Ship-in-bottle, Occre's HMS Titanic, Caldercraft's Snake & the New Bedford Whale boat.

• 1 year later...

Time flies. The bulkheads fit tight to the verticals and there is blocking in all the right places. In the background is a DeAgostini HMS Victory Cross Section I've slowly been working on when I feel like dealing with a serious flaw in the design (but that's another build). I digress... My first impression is I like the kit and assembly. In front is a plank jig for the way-out-of-scale kit planking.  

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0778.thumb.jpg.b7e17222b6eabd96fa7aae30375c79b7.jpg

Edited by CraigVT
fixed image anchors

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

Planking up the hull is also pretty straight forward, especially with the balsa blocking. 

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

Edited by CraigVT

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

If I keep this up I will need to think about a bigger spray booth.  😬

IMG_0906.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

Edited by CraigVT

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

No Photos   just   wording.....

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Old Collingwood, your notification led me to fix the issue with the pictures. I will endeavor to post more from this build.

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

Posted (edited)

A very snowy day in Vermont today, about 18 inches deep. I could a., run the blower, b., go listen to Tucker and work on a boat, or c., sip my cappuccino and post a few pics.  Here's a couple pics of my ADD in action, the assembly instructions make it easy to pic a page and build all the various sections. LOTS of clipping out brass parts and bending them to fit the mdf. 

IMG_1056.jpg.bd9129a94987aede35bdaf003bcdd860.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg.399ff6e38e6b8a5f53651980b3bc7d68.jpg

My shoot-from-the-hip airbrush skills have mixed results although I can also blame the masking tape but its mostly my amateur knowledge of the art. This is my first crack at this, it looks great if you stand back about 10 feet. 😁

1000.thumb.png.0e59fc4b9d294d4450c1773dbfdd6504.png  

Edited by CraigVT

CraigVT

@Pandemic Hobby

On 3/19/2024 at 8:39 PM, CraigVT said:

Thanks Old Collingwood, your notification led me to fix the issue with the pictures. I will endeavor to post more from this build.

Can see  them now.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1