Nereide by MICHELE PADOAN - scala 1/48

Michele

How are you cutting the frames for the ship's boats?  These are quite delicate even at 1:48 so I was wondering if you are cutting the to shape or if you are soaking the wood and bending them around a form.

Thanks

Allan

Edited by allanyed

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

On 25/9/2022 at 08:20, allanyed said:

Michele

Come state tagliando i telai per le barche della nave? Questi sono piuttosto delicati anche a 1:48, quindi mi chiedevo se stai tagliando la forma o se stai immergendo il legno e piegandoli attorno a una forma.

Grazie

Allan

Hi, the spear ribs are cut the same way as the ship ribs.

I use a scroll saw for cutting futtocks of the ship's frames but for 1.48 ship's boat frames, which are about 0.032" - 0.80mm at the top even using castello boxwood, they break very easily before I can finish the sawing,  Do you use a power saw to cut the pieces or a coping saw, or a knife, or some other tools?   
Grazie mille Michele.

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

6 hours ago, allanyed said:

Uso una sega a traforo per tagliare i futtocks dei telai della nave, ma per i telai delle barche da 1,48, che sono circa 0,032" - 0,80 mm nella parte superiore anche usando il bosso castello, si rompono molto facilmente prima che io possa finire il taglio, usi un motosega per tagliare i pezzi o una sega a tazza, o un coltello, o qualche altro strumento   
?

Allan

I use the fretwork at minimum power and make the grain coincide with the knee part, precisely to prevent it from breaking. It is very delicate work but with patience it can be don

• The title was changed to Nereide by MICHELE PADOAN - scala 1/48